• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Inshaw connection

Donna65

Hi,
I'm trying to find out if there is a family connection between Horace Alexander Inshaw (b1890) who is listed at the Bull's Head Pub with his wife Alice May (nee Tucker) in 1930, and the steam engineer John Inshaw (1807). I'm not finding a connection on Ancestry but there are so many marriages and branches....

hello donna most likely an oversight on your part but when asking for help on this forum a please/thank you can go a long way and this one does seem as though a lot of research is needed...

lyn

hello donna most likely an oversight on your part but when asking for help on this forum a please/thank you can go a long way and this one does seem as though a lot of research is needed...

lyn
Hi Lyn,
Huge apologies! I was going back and forth between tabs on my phone to put some more info in after the ... but I somehow sent it and then wasn't sure what I had done! So I gave up in a huff! I'd be so grateful for any help. I believe I am related to Horace Alexander Inshaw and there seems to be a theme of living/running public houses and I wondered if it was a coincidence that John Inshaw and family also are connected with Bimingham Pubs, I'm wondering if I have missed a marriage somewhere.
Thanks again
Donna

There's a family tree on familysearch that includes Horace (may be yours) that peters out with Horace's 3 x g grandparents...

Horace - Frederick William - Thomas (ill.) - Elizabeth - George - Thomas & Phoebe

...and everything seems to be correct and there is no connection with John Inshaw b1807 in it. So, if there is then it would be earlier than that and difficult to prove.

Now if you could trace male line descendants of George and John and get them both to take a y-chromosone dna test, a match would prove that they had, at some time in the past, the same male line ancestor.

There's a family tree on familysearch that includes Horace (may be yours) that peters out with Horace's 3 x g grandparents...

Horace - Frederick William - Thomas (ill.) - Elizabeth - George - Thomas & Phoebe

...and everything seems to be correct and there is no connection with John Inshaw b1807 in it. So, if there is then it would be earlier than that and difficult to prove.

Now if you could trace male line descendants of George and John and get them both to take a y-chromosone dna test, a match would prove that they had, at some time in the past, the same male line ancestor.
Thanks Brummy Lad,
That is what I have in my tree. I've been trying to get my Dad to test, but he's having none of it! :D My test is showing that Dad's paternal line follows Horace Alexander Inshaw. I think I'll put the John Inshaw connection to bed, must be coincidence or a long way back and not essential to my (DNA) research.
Thanks for taking a look. :)

Back