• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

IN OUR GARDEN 2024

Bluebells in my front bed. The more I dig them out, the more they multiply! On the plus side, once they are over the flowers and leaves can be pulled up leaving a clear space for the summer bedding.View attachment 191125
i love bluebells but i dont have any..must get some...at the min i am still battling the fence painting which is hard going but i am getting there now :D

lyn

it's nice to see the Bumblebees about again in the garden
Only female bumble bees have stingers. But they are so good-natured that getting a female to sting you is a major undertaking
:grinning:
I got stung by a bee once. It was on the drive seat of my car & didn`t take kindly to being sat on. Actually quite painful

We've had some fabulous weather here over the Bank Holiday. Hope everyone else has enjoyed at least some of the sun.

Interesting info on the bluebells. I had noticed lighter and darker colours, I just thought the lighter ones were probably in more shade and the colour hadn't come out. I've also seen pink?????

I've noticed more bees in our garden too. Never bothered me the bees, they have more important things to do than bother to sting me! It's great to hear them and watch them. My pug, Ruby, she watches them too, she's 3 now, so she's trained to leave them alone, they fascinate her though, it's quite sweet to watch her studying the bees going in and out of the azaleas!

photo's to big for the server oops
If using Windows. Right click photo and open in "paint" there is a button top leftish marked "resize". I usually choose 20 or 25. Then "save as" (that way you still have the original). Then you should be able to post.

Back