• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

IN OUR GARDEN 2024

went out side this morning and saw moles have taken a liking to my garden (molehills)them things are the last things i want they have come from the farm he has been spreading slury and they dont like it.

went out side this morning and saw moles have taken a liking to my garden (molehills)them things are the last things i want they have come from the farm he has been spreading slury and they dont like it.
There’s not much you can do with them. I used to cut them off (in a field) with an old PB Branford mower behind my uncles Fordson Major tractor. I was 12.

I've got a footer warning re Header Section Tool Too Large. What's this about? I'm dropping out now till it goes.

if you lived here you would be in your oil tot you could use your jet wash every day in my garden the algae is everywere most of the year:)

I don't think so, my hand aches because holding the trigger is hard work. But I just like to get rid of the 'green' as I call it.

OMG, is there anything this forum cannot help me with. Cable tie, quick release, I'll check that out. Erm, while I'm here , apologies for off topic but does anyone have any ideas how I can get the rules changed on this - one eyed UK citizens to be recognised as disabled.

We are going to venture out to the food store for the first time since last Saturday. We are expecting more snow this afternoon and tomorrow, on Sunday evening the temperature is supposed to get up to 32f. We have lived in Franklin (Nashville Tennessee) for over 15 years and the past three or four winters we have broken records for cold (not nice) and snow.
The temperature yesterday when the sun went down was 9f and very windy so the windchill was close to -14f.
Stay warm!

Not so fast. :grinning:

We have had -11 Deg., here, with wind chill. Certainly, -14 Deg. inland.

I was out in it all day yesterday. :laughing:

Steve.
Steve, our -14 Windchill is a big deal where we are. We just go back from Publix, they had every register open plus the self-check and the line for check out was two aisles long. We were out for about an hour and a half. Car was in the garage, turned on the heated seats walked in and out of Publix, got the second parking stall. I'm sorry you were out in it all day, unless you were hunting or fishing :cool: I hope you have defrosted!

As mentioned in post #52, the Moon and Jupiter are next to each other in the sky tonight - and it could not be clearer!
Here is a shot from a few minutes ago:-
1705605575465.png

Lots of detail visible - including craters not visible last night:-
1705605953716.png

Oddly you can see better detail before it goes totally dark - here is one from about 5pm tonight:-
1705606188935.png

North pole:-
1705606295686.png

South pole:-
1705606330059.png
All of these taken hand-held on a 500mm lens.

Steve, our -14 Windchill is a big deal where we are. We just go back from Publix, they had every register open plus the self-check and the line for check out was two aisles long. We were out for about an hour and a half. Car was in the garage, turned on the heated seats walked in and out of Publix, got the second parking stall. I'm sorry you were out in it all day, unless you were hunting or fishing :cool: I hope you have defrosted!

I was out all day, willingly, Richard.

Well wrapped up for the conditions. The dog was tired and cold at the end of it, but she was soon dried off and wrapped in her blanket.

Steve.

Fascinating how much the moon changes in just a couple of hours - this was the equator at around 19.00 tonight - look at the figure-of-eight crater pair:-
1705614498106.png 1705614300394.png
And then by 21.30 a line of craters have appeared to the left - just hinted at on the earlier shot.
This is the full 21.30 shot:-
1705614683546.png

Back