• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

IN OUR GARDEN 2024

Beautiful photos, we had the 'swarm' of longtails in our front garden tree yesterday but the bird numbers using our back garden feeders has
decreased due to a very aggressive Robin who obviously thinks he owns the place.

A gorgeous selection of birds. Nice to see them eating peanuts, up here they won`t touch them, only the best sunflower hearts ! Would you like to swap afew of your gorgeous birds for a barrow load of sparrows, pigeons & doves.

A gorgeous selection of birds. Nice to see them eating peanuts, up here they won`t touch them, only the best sunflower hearts ! Would you like to swap afew of your gorgeous birds for a barrow load of sparrows, pigeons & doves.

Sadly, these were not in my garden. We were staying with a friend in Worcestershire, over Christmas.

We only seem to have Starlings and Sparrows in our garden now.

Steve.

It's a rotten start to the New Year, for me.

Just look at this lot. They've filled the tree. What do they know that I don't?

Even if some of them are pretending not to look at me, I know they are, all of them.

I don't like it.....

Chris

A-waiting-game.jpg

Lovely pics. I'm waiting for the right time to get some tidying done in the garden. I don't know how long I'll be able to resist the jet wash!!!!!!!

Not in the garden but here are some hydrangea that are from my garden. The berries I have made from clay, painted, then glued onto twigs. Artificial flower arrangement items seem to be very expensive at the moment.

Attachments

• 20240102_183835.jpg
    20240102_183835.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
IMG_3672.jpeg

Common Ivy

“The late flowering and the dark berries that last through to the Spring make it a main source of nectar for bees when it can roar with bees as loudly as a lime tree in July.” (Flora Britannica, Richard Mabey)

“Ivy nectar is an essential food source for insects during autumn and winter when little else is about. It also provides shelter for insects, birds, bats and other small mammals. The high fat content of the berries is a nutritious food resource for birds and the berries are eaten by a range of species including thrushes, blackcaps, woodpigeons and blackbirds.”

Had some feathery flakes, but it realised I was unhappy with it, so they stopped :grinning:. Few flakes that fell do not seem to have melted though

Back