• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

I was just wandering..

wessex

master brummie
Went for a walk last saturday.Did hop on a bus to cover part of the trip,but took some pics to share.

Started at Warwick rd Olton,went through acocks and Tysley.Bus to Sparkbrook,then via Trinity to the canal,then town,on to Hockley,then bus back.

The pics are not great,I'm no photographer,but what they are is real,warts an all.They sum up where I went,unposed,just as it happened.

Last edited:
The second pic shows the gap where the lovely old flemmings hotel was burnt down.
It does say that flats are due to be built shortly.

cs820q7zemwxa6g9su.jpg

t5nbftww0ji5whc3sn.jpg

1cfg2ci2t1ols8eh1lo4.jpg

jbusvpmtghpj7e3qu9.jpg

ns1t2cz0mefhx0ox1odu.jpg

Last edited:
To the old Dolphin pub area,by Victoria Rd,I used to live up there 20+ years back.
However useful Aldi and co are,they're far too ugly to replace the Dolphin.

g9np57z21sglxoji92ur.jpg

4crzqo0c1c6p8ihplt.jpg

k35xxg6s5c67fps7dxlk.jpg

hxboisbft92auq3ocm1.jpg

nghizeuvy9bz68ifmhc.jpg

Last edited:
On to the centre of the Green.
Sorry about the head in the pic with the old Rover.Had to get the car in,my dad's first car in the 50s was that model,even the same colour.

5gboosv6u5ikoevhaja.jpg

p3t7d9allucmmnelyh0.jpg

qupgrtunliehxn6ratl3.jpg

v85fgn4pqdryfeo05acw.jpg

b9rrx5aiibcmm09rv.jpg

Up to Tysley,notice the Maxi....sexy car for the early 70s,bit worn out by 81/82 when this last of the model 2s were sold.

m9swqxekfwg3hy59xw.jpg

fi20hazhoo6sodha3pn.jpg

rqtlwtmejxnv95y1b6hm.jpg

svo2mylwqjbyjotpomo3.jpg

54697kxdfnyk73zmffp.jpg

3dlbklhda8eylk1znj0c.jpg

Brilliant Pics Wessex thanks for taking the time and trouble to take and post them ..really enjoyed them ..Maggie

Great photos, love the Victorian brickwork. You can post anymore you have ,I like looking at them....Thanks ....arkrite.

Many thanks, great pictures, most of these places I have not visited in years, I must get out more! I would love to see some more, cheers and happy wandering.

I really enjoyed looking at those. Don't know the Acocks Green/Tyseley area very well (although my husband comes from Tyseley) so it's nice to view somewhere I never go to. I feel a trip on the No 11 is needed!

Loved the tour round Brum Wessex lovely large photo's. Dave I didn't realise you wandered a lot??????. Jean.

Back