• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Humorous And Interesting Newspaper Stories about Birmingham

He is not the only man, I have just spotted another man by the large 1/11d sale sign towards the back on the right.
you forget how many women wore hats in 1960. My grandmother always wore one and it we visited anyone she would take her coat off but never her hat.

That sounds like one of my aunt's - always kept her hat on if she was away from home!

• Appreciate
Reactions: cba

Police permission required to get dressed​

It was illegal for women to wear trousers in France up to 2013, when a law dating from November 17, 1800 was still in force. Its title was “Decree concerning the cross-dressing of women” and said that
“Any woman who wants to dress like a man must go to the Police for permission to do so.” This was amended in 1892 and 1909 to allow women to wear trousers “if the woman is holding bicycle handlebars or the reins of a horse.”:grinning:

Whats law gotta do with it:grinning:

us-singer-tina-turner-performs-on-stage-92858133-5cac7d9a1d472.jpg
1636477487772.jpeg
Music legend Tina Turner, 81, sues a German tribute act for looking too much like her. :grinning:

The ‘Simply the Best’ singer has turned to her ‘private lawyer’ in Germany, demanding an unauthorised tribute act remove her posters for fear that the public may mistake the lookalike for the real thing.
Turner first filed suit against Dorothea ‘Coco’ Fletcherlast year when the posters were first released. Fletcher is originally from American, in her thirties and has been impersonating Turner for a number of years

The World Wide Web's inventor sold its original code for $5.4 million​

Tim Berners-Lee, creator of the World Wide Web, has auctioned off his invention's source code as an NFT. It sold via Sotheby's for $5,434,500 following a week-long online auction that began on June 23.
Although the groundbreaking code has long been in the public domain, the British computer scientist authorized the sale of a single edition of his original time-stamped files.
:grinning:
http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F210614211407-01-sir-tim-berners-lee-puts-original-world-wide-web-code-up-for-sale.jpg

:grinning:

last night i watched weatherman owain wyn evans accompanied by others play out the theme to bbc news on the drums he then had to continue playing until his 24 hours was up...all for children in need...fantastic

Last edited:
last night i watched weatherman owain wyn evans accompanied by others play out the theme to bbc news on the drums he then had to continue playing until his 24 hours was up...all for children in need...fantastic

and i did

Last edited:
The Birmingham Weekly Post of December 1959... As crowds throng New St. at Christmas, less than the thickness of a metal sheet away men work by arc lights to lay the foundations of new Birmingham, and in particular the Rotunda at the junction of New St. and High St. The steam comes from expresses steaming out of New St. Station.

76FB9C10-A026-4287-8157-33AB34FDA33D.jpeg

The former US president was handed the honorary black belt by the World Taekwondo Headquarters
Mr Trump allegedly told Mr Dong-sup: “It is my honour to receive Honorary Dan Certificate and I think Taekwondo is magnificent martial art for self-defence.”
It is typically awarded only to experienced teachers of the martial art, and requires years of training and teaching in taekwondo.to get to 9th degree is a grandmaster rank.
AAR0wZM.img

Back