• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Humorous And Interesting Newspaper Stories about Birmingham

The World Wide Web's inventor sold its original code for $5.4 million​

Tim Berners-Lee, creator of the World Wide Web, has auctioned off his invention's source code as an NFT. It sold via Sotheby's for $5,434,500 following a week-long online auction that began on June 23.
Although the groundbreaking code has long been in the public domain, the British computer scientist authorized the sale of a single edition of his original time-stamped files.
:grinning:
http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F210614211407-01-sir-tim-berners-lee-puts-original-world-wide-web-code-up-for-sale.jpg

:grinning:

last night i watched weatherman owain wyn evans accompanied by others play out the theme to bbc news on the drums he then had to continue playing until his 24 hours was up...all for children in need...fantastic

Last edited:
last night i watched weatherman owain wyn evans accompanied by others play out the theme to bbc news on the drums he then had to continue playing until his 24 hours was up...all for children in need...fantastic

and i did

Last edited:
The Birmingham Weekly Post of December 1959... As crowds throng New St. at Christmas, less than the thickness of a metal sheet away men work by arc lights to lay the foundations of new Birmingham, and in particular the Rotunda at the junction of New St. and High St. The steam comes from expresses steaming out of New St. Station.

76FB9C10-A026-4287-8157-33AB34FDA33D.jpeg

The former US president was handed the honorary black belt by the World Taekwondo Headquarters
Mr Trump allegedly told Mr Dong-sup: “It is my honour to receive Honorary Dan Certificate and I think Taekwondo is magnificent martial art for self-defence.”
It is typically awarded only to experienced teachers of the martial art, and requires years of training and teaching in taekwondo.to get to 9th degree is a grandmaster rank.
AAR0wZM.img

Back when you had Full time staff and Parks were locked at night and yoi could not ride your bike after a csrtain time in the morning. Plus does anyone remember the Parks Police.
yes i was a tractor driver back then the parks police as you called them was based at perry barr.we all had keys to the gates. lots of damage was done to fences etc so they stopped locking them.there is a few posts on parks if you search

Just read about your father i can see why you are very proud of him . He took his job very seriously and was dedicated to the job . As people were then and if they told you to move on you did . I remember the dark blue mini vans which later moved up to Bedford HA vans in which the Alsations if i am correct travelled in the back. Up until a few years ago although the Parks Police were no longer with Birningham City Council they still had staff locking the Cemeteries at night and were based Queensbridge Road Mosely. Like everything that works well its either contracted out or sold off buy people who just look at the balance sheet at the end of the financial year.

Back