• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Home Guard title

F

Forward

Home Guard title

I’ve found out my father (toolmaker) war time duties were to go with a doctor and tend to the injured after a blitz, apparently he also had good medical knowledge gained from somewhere. Would he have a title I can use to try and trace him or would it be ‘Home Guard’?

Ray

Your Dad would have had a British Army rank, Private, Sergeant, Officer Captain etc,

Hi Ray, It would help your search if you can find the Home Guard Regiment your Dad served in.

Thanks Len, my error as I should have said finding more info on what he did and status i.e. civilian/army etc in WW2.

He lived in Lozells so I guess his duties wold have been around there?

Ray

Back