• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Help needed badly please.

lynne webb

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
600.jpg Would someone be kind enough to try to improve this photograph for me please. I've waited over 60 years to see this lady... Thanks in advance.
Lynne.

Lynne,

I'm sure one of the Forum experts will have a go at this.

If you can, though, would it be possible to provide a higher defintion scan? This one is only about 33kb. If you can up that, there may well be further detail which at present is lost when the image is magnified.

Chris

I agree with Chris and would be happy to scan at a greater resolution. This is 5 minutes worth of tweaks to show what may be possible but a better scan would work wonders.

600.jpg

By the way I tend to convert to Grey Scale for editing purposes then apply a degree of Sepia again when happy.

Chris and Bernie, thanks so much for your help, I dont understand what you are saying, I had to ask my daughter to post the pic, but Bernies is a big improvement. Thanks again both.
Lynne.

Thanks Sue, its my Grandmother and I think the boy could be my dad. I've never seen any photo of my dads side, his mother died in 1924 when he was 11. My youngest grandaughter is the image of the little one on her lap. I agree Morturn has done a brilliant job. Oh I'm so thrilled with it.
Lynne.

lynne im so chuffed that this pic has come to light for you....its wonderful...would it have been taken in price st..

lyn

sorry i forgot to say well done to the restorers....and lynne i can also see you in your gran

lyn

Thanks Lyn, aren't we lucky to have such talented people willing to help us. The pic would have been taken in Price Street in about 1921, sadly my grandmother died in 1924.

yes lynne we are lucky..ive had a few of my old family pics restored by forum members..

lyn

Back