• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Hawksley Hall Farm

Vic

knowlegable brummie
Hi Guys,
Does anyone have any pictures/maps or history they can share in relation to Hawksley Hall Farm (Kings Norton)?
Regards
Vic

Theres one item ive found in the Worcester Chronicle dated 5th Jan 1901.....

THEFT OF A COW. Walter Cornwell, labourer, pleaded guilty to stealing a cow, the property of J. J. Pratt Edmunds, Hawkesley Hall Farm, Kings Norton, and was sentenced to 12 months` hard labour.

Theres one item ive found in the Worcester Chronicle dated 5th Jan 1901.....

THEFT OF A COW. Walter Cornwell, labourer, pleaded guilty to stealing a cow, the property of J. J. Pratt Edmunds, Hawkesley Hall Farm, Kings Norton, and was sentenced to 12 months` hard labour.

Thanks very much that's great because it ID's the farmer at the turn of the century.
regards
vic

Glad it was of some interest.

Looking at the census for 1901 and 1911, John Joseph Pratt Edmunds was farmer there (born 1858 Kineton Warwickshire) with his wife Alice from Macclesfield, Cheshire, and family. He was there 1891 as well!

Last edited:
Glad it was of some interest.

Looking at the census for 1901 and 1911, John Joseph Pratt Edmunds was farmer there (born 1858 Kineton Warwickshire) with his wife Alice from Macclesfield, Cheshire, and family. He was there 1891 as well!

Thanks for that, I finally found a book tonight locating it just at the top of Green Lane where I thought it was. Thanks for your very kind help.

Hi Vic, I tried to reply to your post on 'Cotteridge' site, wouldn't allow me to post there for some reason . Re; the pentagram at Hawksley barn in the '70's, if there's still any interest in this topic please leave a reply & maybe swap email. Cheers, Edward.

Back