• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Haddon and Stokes Digbeth

OK Bob, apologies, my mistake. You mentioned a Dave Clarke in an earlier post. There was a Dave Clarke from the H&S met lab who went to Ionic Plating in Smethwick, c1967. That's where I got to know him & we became mates. Lost touch long ago. All the best. DQ
OK Bob, apologies, my mistake. You mentioned a Dave Clarke in an earlier post. There was a Dave Clarke from the H&S met lab who went to Ionic Plating in Smethwick, c1967. That's where I got to know him & we became mates. Lost touch long ago. All the best. DQ
sorry dave, that wasn,t the dave we know, our dave has 4 brothers two of which also worked at haddons, barry and neil who also come along to the meetings. feel free to join in, just keep your eye on this site for meet up dates. regards bob

Bob,
Missed the above message, not sure how as I try & go on the site every 3 weeks or so. Presumably next meeting is a few months away now. When do you think it will be?
hi martin, next meet up is nov. 10, at the malt shovel ,barston, solihull, post code, b92 0jp, hope you can make it. bob

Hi Bob,
if there is any room, I would like to join you all on 10th Nov, I have tried to come before but something always got in the way,
regards
Bob James

Hi Bob thanks for info on next meeting.Will try and attend what time will it be. Tony.
hi tony, meeting sometime in the next month, december, last meeting was nov. 10. check on this site or better still thomas haddon and stokes old boys, or graham howkins and paul sommerville.regards bob

Hi Bob,
I am one of Graham Smith’s daughters. My mum Sheila found this forum. She also has fond memories of working there. I will tell my Dad about this site. I am sure he will be thrilled to hear about it. I will tell him to register. Kind regards Claire
hi claire, have not heard from graham since his first meeting with us,that was months ago. hope all is well, regards bob

Good morning Bob, hope you're well, how can I get in touch with Tony Agar and Jimmy Tumulty as in 50 years a lot of water has passed under the bridge and I would be interested to see how they have fared. Regards Bryn

Good morning Bob, hope you're well, how can I get in touch with Tony Agar and Jimmy Tumulty as in 50 years a lot of water has passed under the bridge and I would be interested to see how they have fared. Regards Bryn
hi bryn, very well thanks hope your the same. there is a meeting this week of the old boys at the malt shovel ,barston ,solihull , 9th feb. 12 o,clock ish. as well as this site ths old boys is another, with bob kaine graham howkins,somerville, etc. who are more comp .savvy than me that you may try. however if you have no joy contact me again. I think both tony and jim will be there. regards bob,

What's happened to this site? No postings for ages. Bob are you still the admin man? You seemed to be the driving force behind it. let me know please.

Back