• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Haddon and Stokes Digbeth

Bob,
It's Martin McGuinness here. Hopefully you remember me. I worked at H&S for some 6 years remember you, Bob Wright, Barry Clarke, Malcolm Rotherham. We played snooker a few times at some posh place in Moseley think it's a boozer now. When you have your next get together let me know please. Would be great to see you and any of the other lads.
Bob,
It's Martin McGuinness here. Hopefully you remember me. I worked at H&S for some 6 years remember you, Bob Wright, Barry Clarke, Malcolm Rotherham. We played snooker a few times at some posh place in Moseley think it's a boozer now. When you have your next get together let me know please. Would be great to see you and any of the other lads.
hi martin, yes I DO remember you, another old boy from the past.there are quite a few of us now,including george sommerville, and bob and barry who you mention above. we had our last meet up 2 weeks ago, the next one will be at the briar rose inn on bennettes hill off new st. in city centre ,hope you can make it, date to be arranged. will be in touch. take care. bob a.

Was there a ghost in the factory? everyone i know who worked there spoke of the ghost
no ghost, it was the rope on the flag pole onthe roof, it was loose and blew around in the wind banging along the roof top asthough someone was up there. this is what I Was told by george sommerville.

Hi hope anybody remembers me and my dad Paul and Kenny guise
hi paul, has anyone contacted you about the meet ups we have every 6 weeks or so. there are quite afew of us old boys now,nearing 20.keep checking this sight for more info. regards bob allcock.

hi paul, has anyone contacted you about the meet ups we have every 6 weeks or so. there are quite afew of us old boys now,nearing 20.keep checking this sight for more info. regards bob allcock.
Hi Bob. No contact yet of next meet up looking forward to it and bring my dad along 85 years old now.

Hi Bob. No contact yet of next meet up looking forward to it and bring my dad along 85 years old now.
thats great paul, he will prob. meet up with george sommerville who,s our oldest member at the moment at 90.take care bob a.

I'm looking for information on the Haddon family who i'm related to. Can anyone help?
Hi, just getting back into family history after a longish break. I have John Haddon in my tree - he had a screw works in Birmingham. Married to Dessey Skett. Joan R.

Hi Bob,
I am one of Graham Smith’s daughters. My mum Sheila found this forum. She also has fond memories of working there. I will tell my Dad about this site. I am sure he will be thrilled to hear about it. I will tell him to register. Kind regards Claire
hi claire,have,nt heard off you or graham for some time,having a meet up thursday 7 july 12.00 at the malt shovel barston. be great to see graham again. regards bob.

Bob,
martin,next meeting july 7 12.00 at malt shovel barston,hope you can make it, bob,

Good evening Bob, I don't know if you remember me, I was an apprentice from 1969 in the electrical dept. How many ex apprentices are you in touch with ? as I'm a bit out of touch as I have lived in Cornwall since 1984 . I married Irene Pemberton who worked in the punch room 47 years ago and we are both eager to see who are still alive and kicking. Speak soon.
paul next meet up july 7 thurs, at the malt shovel ,barston, bob,

Good evening Bob, I don't know if you remember me, I was an apprentice from 1969 in the electrical dept. How many ex apprentices are you in touch with ? as I'm a bit out of touch as I have lived in Cornwall since 1984 . I married Irene Pemberton who worked in the punch room 47 years ago and we are both eager to see who are still alive and kicking. Speak soon.
hi bryn, good to hear from you. well we have been going for about two and half years, found by bob kaine , graham howkins and dave clarke . so far it has grown from them to about 20 on a full meeting. we meet up every couple of months or so,here are some of the names of those who attend. bob kaine, graham howkins dave, barry and neil clarke, john pardoe ,john morris ,jim tumelty, rick nelson ,bob wright , paul and george sommerville,george is 90,tony jagger, graham smith,john phillips,john masters, dave bennette,etc.and growing all the time. i will get graham howkins to contact you to keep you informedof futre events. he,s more techno. than me. great to hear from you bryn hope to meet up some time. bob.

hi martin, yes I DO remember you, another old boy from the past.there are quite a few of us now,including george sommerville, and bob and barry who you mention above. we had our last meet up 2 weeks ago, the next one will be at the briar rose inn on bennettes hill off new st. in city centre ,hope you can make it, date to be arranged. will be in touch. take care. bob a.

Hi does anybody remember my dad Arthur Hood who was foreman of the press shop I also worked there for a year in the 70s also.

Back