• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Forsyth Family in Birmingham

M

Morgan68

Hello

I'm new to this Forum and wonder whether some kind person could do OPR lookups to help me trace this Forsyth line? :)

There may be some Forsyth records at St Martin's and St Phillips, Birmingham, but I would be interested in anything related to Forsyths in Warwickshire please.

I am interested in obtaining more info about the marriage of John Forsyth to Ann Newbold on 1 January 1833, Aston Juxta, Birmingham

Also John's death age 32 and burial on 11 Dec 1840 at St Martin, Birmingham, and possibly his birth around 1808.

The LDS Pilot site has the marriage of a John Forsyth to an Ann Newbold on 1 January 1833, Aston Juxta, Birmingham. These may be John Junior's Parents and I wonder whether there is more info on the actual register.

The younger John Forsyth and his Mother Ann moved to Staffordshire after the death of John in 1840, and eventually he ended up in Denbighshire. I have him in Census from 1841 so it is the earlier period of this family that is a brickwall. :(

Thanks
Morgan68

the burial record is correct and gives his abode as barracks. there isnt a birth though at st. martins

Thank you Shera
I found a possible John Forsyth christening record in LDS site:
John Forsyth born 12 OCT 1840 christened 22 OCT 1840 at Saint Phillips, Birmingham, Warwick, England
parents John and Ann Forsyth

John Forsith - Dec 1840 Aston 16 167

1841 HO107/977/1 23 8 Aldridge, Staffordshire
Ann Forsaith, 25
John Forsaith, 8 mo
Joseph Newbold(?), 2

this fits with the death of John in 1840.

1861 J Forsyth age 20 born Birmingham at Hulme Cavalry Barracks (RG9/2890 125 14) - so this would link with the Barracks connection you mention.

Hopefully someone else can assist with the other questions.

Morgan68

Hello again

Also LDS had Ann Forsith
Burial Date: 08 Mar 1842
Burial Place: St. Martin Parish, Birmingham, Warwick, England
Birth Date: 1837
Father's Name: John Forsith
Mother's Name: Ann

Is there any other information given that would confirm that this is the same family please?

Morgan68

the only extra info on this record is the abode - windsor street. hope this helps you

Windsor St ran parallel to Barrack St of the Vauxhall Rd The Barracks where between them could there be an army connection. Dek

Thank you Shera and Dek

Does anyone know which regiment were based there around 1840 please?
I found this reference online and wondered whether there could be a connection.

JOHN FORSYTH Born CRAMOND, Midlothian Served in 45th Foot Regiment Discharged aged 31. JOHN FORSYTH Born CRAMOND, Midlothian Served in 45th Foot Regiment Discharged aged 31 45th Foot: Era - Jar
Date: 1826 - 1838 Source: The Catalogue of The National Archives

Back