• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Fair Cop

Maris

master brummie
Did anyone see Midlands Today ? They did a short piece on the new daytime drama currently being filmed on the streets of Brum.

I was having a walk around Brum with Pete & Matt's Photo school on Sunday and they had converted the Bordesley Diner into a film set.

DSC_0871.jpg DSC_0872.jpg DSC_0874.jpg

Yes, I saw the article Maris.The series is set in the 1950s which is of particular interest to me as my late father was a policeman
in Birmingham and he joined in 1947/48.

HI ALBERTA;
Yes i seen it myself it will be very good i reckon lets hope it portrays the danger our police officiers have to deal with and come up agaist ;
my grand father was a police officier ; many years back in time when it was the days of the safe crackers andthose dodggy crims
and my cousin robin whom was a young guy around the late sixties to seventies was a police officier
and he got killed in a car chase ; in reality ; over at walsalll he lived in aldridge and he was a single man; his mother i my god mother
they lived up the barr beacons ; i shall be crtainly watching it ; if you payed me a grand aweek i would not do there job today ;
compared to thoses days in the early years and the fifties i think it was then that the violents with crimms got going on the police ;
does any body know what part of brum its actualy filmed ; ? ,
have a nice day alberta ; best wishes astonian;;

I think it is filmed in the Eastside area but where it is supposed to be set, I don't know.
Alan , it is set in the 1950s when police officers were in a lot less danger than they are today.

The photos above were taken in Bordesley Street where the caf is and the road was coned off for filming, the have also been filming around the Jewellery Quarter I believe.

HI ALBERTA;
Yes i seen it myself it will be very good i reckon lets hope it portrays the danger our police officiers have to deal with and come up agaist ;
my grand father was a police officier ; many years back in time when it was the days of the safe crackers andthose dodggy crims
and my cousin robin whom was a young guy around the late sixties to seventies was a police officier
and he got killed in a car chase ; in reality ; over at walsalll he lived in aldridge and he was a single man; his mother i my god mother
they lived up the barr beacons ; i shall be crtainly watching it ; if you payed me a grand aweek i would not do there job today ;
compared to thoses days in the early years and the fifties i think it was then that the violents with crimms got going on the police ;
does any body know what part of brum its actualy filmed ; ? ,
have a nice day alberta ; best wishes astonian;;

Back