• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Facebook users

terryb18

Gone but not forgotten R.I.P.
For some reason Facebook does not always close down your
sessions when you log off. Follow the instructions below to manually close down your sessions 1. Go to your Account Drop Bar (the down arrow next to home) and select Account Setting. 2. Look in the upper left hand corner and select Security. 3. Look at the "Active Sessions" category to see if you have more than one
open session. In addition to my current session, I had 5 additional open
sessions going back over a month. 4.Now click on edit.
5.A list of your current session and all other active ones will appear.
Click on End Activity to close the sessions you are no longer using.

Terry

Thanks for that Terry,

When i checked after reading your post I had three active including the current session.

Regards

Dave

Thanks Terry,although I always use the log out, I had 2 sessions open from earlier this week,interestingly saying they were opened in London UK!! and one going back to September last year for an android application, which must have been when I had my new phone!!
Sue

Thanks very much for that, Terry. I found that I had four sessions open, with not a single one of them having a location with the slightest relevance to me.

Goodness knows what a string of long-open sessions signifies and what if any dangers are involved - and especially sessions with locations that appear to have nothing to do with me. Being an old, Luddite fogey I have always viewed the whole thing with the utmost suspicion (not helped by seeing the recent film) and only registered, reluctantly, so that I could keep up to speed with the recent Forum problems and developments. I'm sure that many people get a lot of fun out of it. And they are probably right and I'm almost certainly wrong. But for me I believe I can live without it and shall now try to do so (as I watch the rest of the world disappearing over the horizon).

Chris

PS
AND... it seems that when you do what Terry tells us, you have to have an open session to be there in the first place; and they don't give one the opportunity to "End Activity" for that current session (as far as I can see). Doesn't this mean that one ALWAYS has an open session? And is that for the benefit of the member or of the owners of Facebook, I wonder? Paranoid, moi??

Last edited:
Glad to be of help, though I can't take the credit as I copied it from a newsgroup I look at. To be honest I don't know what implications there are (if any) but I thought I would post it here anyway so people can judge for themselves. I will still look at facebook, though I very rarely post anything myself, I like to keep my eye on the grandkids :friendly_wink:

Terry

Thanks Terry seems i have been signing on in Huddersfield..have nicked your post for my wall .x

Its funny you should say that Maggie. I had a look and found 4 sessions, all supposedly from High Wycombe

Just checked my Wife's Facebook account and there were 9 open sessions with most located in Bath and Pool. As far as I know this is just the BT broadband transmitter station that my broadband is routed through so I presume (as all the sessions were from the same browser and Windows 7) no unauthorised access has taken place.

Back