• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Doidge, Harold

theodore

master brummie
Born Birmingham 1893 son of Austin and Isabella Doidge. Lived Malvern Link at some time and there is a Harold Doidge on the1921 census that seems to fit but I don't have Findmypast membership only Ancestry. The address would confirm if this Harold is the one I am after and if any member could help it would be appreciated.

Peter

Address appears to be 1 Queen's Road.

He and a Lilian Doidge are visitors of an Emma Brewitt.

If this is not the one there are two others on the electoral rolls in 1920

Found burial of Harold Doidge April 1936 Lodge hill cemetery, he was 42.
1939 , 106 Hastings road Birmingham
Lilian M Doidge b 21st Aug 1888, bath attendant
Marguerite b 21st Aug 1922 b Upton Worcs.(daughter)

They are both at the address until Lilian died in 1964 and Marguerite there in 1965.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your help.

MWS
Not the address I have (20 Church Rd., Malvern Link).

Alberta
I have 1936 death for Harold (if correct).
Lilian M. Jones - Harold Doidge m. Dec. Q. 1917 so not sure that it's the Harold I'm searching for (1920 ER Harold with parents at 60 Manilla Rd. which I know is correct). A 1930 ER has Harold - Lilian at 45 Dulwich Rd. Lilian (and daughter) on 1939 Register shows that Lilian is a widow so would fit with the 1936 death for Harold.

Mikejee
Yes 1920 ERs the one mentioned above being Harold with parents.

It could be that H and L were living at Church Rd. and visiting (1939) but why no Lilian on 1920 ER (Manilla Rd.)?

Peter

Last edited:
The Queen's Road address is listed in the parish of Malvern Link and as they were visitors it may have been temporary.

In regards not on the 1920 ER, it's a bit confusing but not all women had the vote in 1920. I think you had to be over 30 and the wife of the householder. So she may have been there but unable to vote so not on the ER.

Back