• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Derrick Carr

jennyann

Gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
Sad news today that Derrick Carr passed away suddenly at 9:30am this morning. Dek had such a great knowledge of Birmingham and it's history and contributed so much with his impeccable knowledge. He will be missed. R.I.P. Derrick. Condolences to his family at this sad time.

Very sad news. Condolences to his family. RIP Derrick. Viv.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My deepest condolences to Dek's family and friends. He will be sadly missed.

this is an awful shock...ive met dek a few times...this forum will miss him...sincere condolences to his family at this very sad time...

lyn

So sad - can only echo what everyone else has posted. RIP Derek.

Well this is a bit of a shocker and it's knocked the wind right out of my sails, I was only discussing something with Dek a couple of days ago on another forum. The world is a gentleman short today. Rest in Peace Dek.

Shocking and sad news. Derrick you will be missed here and on the many sites/groups you have contributed to. Thanks for your knowledge and for sharing wonderful and poignant memories. RIP xxx

So sad and shocked to hear that Dek has pased away. My thoughts are with his family at this very sad time.

Sorry to hear of this sad sad news, Dek will be missed, not only by his family but those who read his informative posts with interest. Condolences to his family.

For every one that leaves us, there are a million memories that will no longer be shared. My condolences to your family. Dek, may you Rest in Peace.

Terry

Hi am very saddened to hear of the great loss to a dear friend and of a most valued forum member of our great forum
The BHF whom gave us all a great knowledge and of his time
And I send My sincere heart felt thoughts to decks family in these hours of painful heart felt hours to them all
Rest in Peace Dekk Astonian,,,,,,

hope you dont mind froth but ive been asked so for those who dont know dek is on the left of frothys photo...

lyn

Last edited:
I did't kown him as well as others on the forum, but he did post some interesting threads, very sad at the news, condolences to all his family and friends. Paul Stacey

Am shocked and saddened at the awful news of Dek's passing. A wonderful man who brought up his children single handedly. What a great job he did too. My sincere condolences to all of his family as I know he will be sorely missed?. R.I.P. Dereck.
101647_th.gif

Back