• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Dave baths visit on the day pics...

Thanks Frothy!!!
Hadn't realised until today that the stained glass bull has been marked into areas, as a butcher would do, but the names on it refer - we think - to gun parts. Typically Postie spotted the gooleys first lol spelt with ie at the end it originates from the Hindi for a bullet apparently!
Sue

yes sue they are gun part names....trust jim to notice the gooleys

a_221_dceb5146.gif

A great afternoon, it was good to meet a lot of old friends again.
Dave and Barbara truly are a lovely couple, and it was a priviledge to make there aquaintance.
I can't believe I turned up without my camera, that has to be a first.
thank you all for making it a very enjoyable afternoon, hope to see you all again very soon.
Great pictures.
Brian

Looks as though you finished your birthday in style then Lyn. Glad it all went well, and that everyone had a good time.
I like the look of the Bull pub too. Thanks for putting the pics on for us to see.

hi maggs i had a lovey 2 days...best birthday ive had for while and it was topped off by being able to meet dave and barbara and of course friends of the forum...:encouragement:

lyn

Jean, we were all remarkably well behaved, no falling down for anyone, even Frothy lol - although the positioning of the arm of the bench was a little awkward lol!
Dave says he has your mobile number to contact you on, he and Barbara are lovely people, a pleasure to meet them , shame that Barbaras mom was too poorly to come along.
Sue

jean as sue has said no falling down this time...we kept frothy well away from rosies step..

lol.gif

oh dear jean..thing is we are too busy trying not to to spill our drinks that the step goes unnoticed lol...

have to say though, we were sensible enough to sit in the "lower half" of the pub, so didn't really have to negotiate the step this time lol
Sue

Hello all,
Firstly, let me apologise for not responding sooner but its as though we just landed, yet we've been home more than 3 weeks now.
I thought now would be a good time to write as the Wolves managed to win at home at last by beating the Blues!!!!
Seriously, Barb and I would like to thank everyone who turned up at The Bull for our Meet and Greet, especially Lyn (Astoness) for organising it. Lyn, you were really great to us, the books you bought us, Barb's birthday card arriving at the guest house with some of the photos from The Bull included. Not forgetting of course, our new Forum badges which we wear with pride.
All in all, what an enjoyable event to treasure for ever. It was a lovely refreshing break from what was not much of a holiday for us due to Barb's mom being ill. I know Brian Skelding and his wife will enjoy the Xmas get together as much as we did at The Bull.
Best wishes and A Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to all Forum members, wherever you are.

hi dave and please..no apologies needed...so pleased that we went a little way to making your trip to brum something to remember..i know barbs mom was not to well...we all really enjoyed meeting you both and i still giggle at the photo of barb hanging onto the lamp post outside the bull lol..looking forward to meeting brian skelding on sat at the xmas meet as we have been in touch and he remembers my aunt and uncle very well as he only lived 2 doors away from them in bracebridge st..will email you the names of the people that are on that group photo dave..
happy christmas to you and barb....

lyn x

Dave and Barbara, it was lovely to meet you, glad you got home safely and Merrry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your families!
Sue and mom

Dave and Barbara, it was a real pleasure meeting you both, glad you had a safe journey home.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you both.
Lynne.

Back