• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Dave bath.s visit to brum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
HI ALL...ONE OF OUR MEMBERS DAVE BATH AND HIS WIFE BARBARA WHO LIVE IN SOUTH AFRICA WILL BE BACK IN BRUMMIE LAND FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 8 YEARS IN OCT/NOV FOR A MONTHS VISIT..THEY WOULD REALLY LOVE TO MEET A FEW OF US TO SAY HELLO SO IF ANYONE CAN MAKE IT WE ARE MEETING UP IN THE BULL PUB CORNER OF PRICE ST/LOVEDAY ST ON SAT THE 10TH OF NOVEMBER 12.30 ISH...BARBARAS UNCLE KEN WILLIAMS FROM UPPER THOMAS ST (1956 OLYMPIC SWIMMER) WILL ALSO BE THERE AND HOPEFULLY BARBS 92 YEAR OLD MOM IF SHE CAN MAKE IT..DAVE HAILS FROM BRACEBRIDGE ST THEN ERDINGTON AND BARB FROM NEW ST OPPOSITE THE BARTONS ARMS....HOPE TO SEE ONE OR TWO OF YOU THERE FOLKS..LETS GIVE THEM A PROPER BRUMMIE WELCOME..:encouragement:

LYN

Last edited:
Hi Lyn, I'll try to make it (no Blues that day for a change!) Maybe we can have an "Erdington" chat. I'll bring some of my books and pics of the area.

David

oh thats great david..i am sure dave and barb would love to meet you and chat about erdington...:encouragement:

my thinking exactly sue...do hope you can all make it...be a bit of a practice for the christmas meet lol...

lyn

Last edited:
Sorry I cant make it, but would have loved to as I had relatives living 50 Bracebridge Street in the 50s and it would be interesting to know if Dave knew them.

never mind carolina..cant always make them all...my auntie and uncle live at no 71 bracebridge st in the 50s and 60s..i was always staying over as my cousin and i are similar ages....very good chance they knew your rellies..:encouragement:

Mine lived at 49 - Timmins. I also went out with boy in the 60s named Robert Cole who also lived in Bracebridge Street

i bet our paths crossed then carolina...we used to play a lot in the park nearby...what a small world it is...

Hi All,
I have to thank Astoness (Lyn) for organising this "meet-up" on 10th Nov. I'm sure it will be an interesting afternoon.
I only thought about this today - I will be meeting a group of "strangers" who I actually know a lot about! I note that the thread has awoken some ex-Bracebridgeians! I look forward to meetiing the people who will be giving up their time to say, "Hello".
See you there!

Hi All,
I have to thank Astoness (Lyn) for organising this "meet-up" on 10th Nov. I'm sure it will be an interesting afternoon.
I only thought about this today - I will be meeting a group of "strangers" who I actually know a lot about! I note that the thread has awoken some ex-Bracebridgeians! I look forward to meetiing the people who will be giving up their time to say, "Hello".
See you there!

looking forward to meeting you all dave..:encouragement:

I will try and come, I made it there safely before, but on the way back I thought I could turn at the Bartons Arms, but couldn't so went down Victoria Road at Six Ways, but somehow at the bottom I ended up on the Expressway,
my heart was in my mouth as I am not a confident driver although I passed my test nearly 40 years ago, I never go on motorways, luckily it was quite quiet and I made the right exit, was I relieved to get on the Tyburn Road.

I may know Dave's wife, depending on ages, but I definitely know Ken Williams from childhood, and also he turned up at a couple of our Reunions in the past.

We will do our best to be there. My in box was full when we got back off holiday today and I found out that Dave had tried to contact me and I think this may be the reason why. We send Barbs mom a New Years card every year and I was worried it may have been bad news. Would like to meet Ken again as I swam in a mixed relay with him when we were seniors.

Thanks Lyn. We use the Bull when we go into town. If we can't I will e.mail Dave with our phone number. Jean.

just bringing this one to the top folks..HI ALL...ONE OF OUR MEMBERS DAVE BATH AND HIS WIFE BARBARA WHO LIVE IN SOUTH AFRICA WILL BE BACK IN BRUMMIE LAND FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 8 YEARS IN OCT/NOV FOR A MONTHS VISIT..THEY WOULD REALLY LOVE TO MEET A FEW OF US TO SAY HELLO SO IF ANYONE CAN MAKE IT WE ARE MEETING UP IN THE BULL PUB CORNER OF PRICE ST/LOVEDAY ST ON SAT THE 10TH OF NOVEMBER 12.30 ISH...BARBARAS UNCLE KEN WILLIAMS FROM UPPER THOMAS ST (1956 OLYMPIC SWIMMER) WILL ALSO BE THERE AND HOPEFULLY BARBS 92 YEAR OLD MOM IF SHE CAN MAKE IT..DAVE HAILS FROM BRACEBRIDGE ST THEN ERDINGTON AND BARB FROM NEW ST OPPOSITE THE BARTONS ARMS....HOPE TO SEE ONE OR TWO OF YOU THERE FOLKS..LETS GIVE THEM A PROPER BRUMMIE WELCOME..:encouragement:

LYN
[/QUOTE]

We are at the van Llyn but have forwarded our phone number to Dave then have a gig to go to on the evening at the Flapper. Sorry.

never mind jean but sorry you cant make it....will try and post a few piccies....

lyn

What a plonker Lyn. [Me]. I was thinking it was October and didn't check the date on my calender. Sorry my senior moments are more frequent these days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

lol jean i thought it was me that missed it for a min as i do have lots going on right now..phew thank goodness for that...

lyn

Hi All,
See you there!

dave and barb will be winging it over to brum later on today....have a good trip over both...look forward to meeting you soon....

:encouragement: lyn..

bringing to the top...HI ALL...ONE OF OUR MEMBERS DAVE BATH AND HIS WIFE BARBARA WHO LIVE IN SOUTH AFRICA WILL BE BACK IN BRUMMIE LAND FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 8 YEARS IN OCT/NOV FOR A MONTHS VISIT..THEY WOULD REALLY LOVE TO MEET A FEW OF US TO SAY HELLO SO IF ANYONE CAN MAKE IT WE ARE MEETING UP IN THE BULL PUB CORNER OF PRICE ST/LOVEDAY ST ON SAT THE 10TH OF NOVEMBER 12.30 ISH...BARBARAS UNCLE KEN WILLIAMS FROM UPPER THOMAS ST (1956 OLYMPIC SWIMMER) WILL ALSO BE THERE AND HOPEFULLY BARBS 92 YEAR OLD MOM IF SHE CAN MAKE IT..DAVE HAILS FROM BRACEBRIDGE ST THEN ERDINGTON AND BARB FROM NEW ST OPPOSITE THE BARTONS ARMS....HOPE TO SEE ONE OR TWO OF YOU THERE FOLKS..LETS GIVE THEM A PROPER BRUMMIE WELCOME..:encouragement:

just spoken to daves wife barbara and they are both looking forward to meeting a few of us this saturday and barbs uncle ken will definately be there...
:encouragement:
LYN
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
thats great froth...im sure dave will love a chat about his time in erdington...:encouragement:

lyn

So sorry won't be able to make it on Saturday, my car broke down yesterday, waiting for a mobile mechanic to come and have a look at it, may be too expensive to repair, so will have to look round for another car, dread the thought.

hi sylv...sorry that you cant make it on sat and sorry to hear about the car...expensive things are cars so hope you get sorted soon..

dont forget folks if anyone fancies a nice quite hour out and a chat with dave and barbara just pop in at the bull on sat lunchtime...
:encouragement:
lyn...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back