• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Covid vaccination process

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had mine on Saturday, had severe chills on the night, bad headache on Sunday. On Monday I felt better than I have for some time now, I even defrosted the freezer and made some soup with the odds and ends in there!
It was all very well organised, it snowed heavily but we didn't have far to go. I haven't been given a second date yet.

I went for mine yesterday lunchtime, the Health centre is only 20 minutes walk away so that was handy, they have erected a large tent like space at the back where you register and wait until your number is called.
Very nice lady, we had a little chat and, I couldn't resist saying White Brummie when she asked for my ethnicity (I'm in London) she thought it was funny :)

I thought I would be getting the Pfizer vaccine but it was the Astra Zeneca. When I got home and switched on my phone a headline came up staying Germany advises against for over 65's :laughing: my sister lives in Germany and we've had a laugh about that, I said they don't like it because we developed it in Oxford! Too late now anyway, I haven't had any side effects from it as yet!

I received an SMS from my medical centre a week ago, stating that I was now eligible for my first vaccination there. I had to log onto SystmOnline in order to book this, and slots seemed to be going fast. This was to be the AstraZeneca Oxford vaccine, and that there was no need to wait afterwards.

yesterday I arrived slightly earlier than the appointed time, but didn’t have to wait for more than a couple of minutes. The whole process seemed pretty well organised, and I only saw one other person waiting. Asked about a lollipop and a badge afterwards, but it seems that these were not available. Did get a sticker however

I feel very slightly ‘off-colour’ today, but not something that I can quite put my finger on. Hopefully this means that I’m generating some sort of immune response. Fingers crossed.

my brother 64 who also lives in kingstanding has an appointment for his jab in the morning..no health issues at all but we do have different doctors so i reckon its a post code lottery

lyn

had severe chills on the night
I had the same - woke up about 1am, felt very cold and was shivering quite badly. Interestingly a doctor on the TV a few days later was talking about this and said it seemed to occur (sometimes) if you had already had Covid! This backed up my suspicions that I may have caught C-19 around Christmas 2019, before the virus was properly identified, as looking back I did have some of the published symptoms at that time but just put it down to a bad touch of the nadgers! It seems some may even have had C-19 without having any symptoms.

I’ll go incognito, with an old gold and black hat and scarf. Hope no blood is spilt as mine is claret and blue !

The New York Times has noticed our vaccination process ... even managed a brief mention of 'Peaky Blinders' !!
oldMohawk, great work on the roll out but in typical New York Slimes (not a slip that’s what many here call them) gave a left handed compliment on what had gone before. Great job all around! As the Beatles said”let it be”

I have noticed quite a number had to wait 15 minutes after receiving jab in case of a reaction, so did my sister in law who went to same centre as I (Bosworth) but I was told no need to wait so left straight away. Eric

Eric
I understand that it is recommended that for those having the Pfizer jab the 15 mins wait is recommended because of a couple of adverse reactions which were found, but thta this is not considered necessary forn the Oxford-Astrozenica jab

I received an SMS from my medical centre a week ago, stating that I was now eligible for my first vaccination there. I had to log onto SystmOnline in order to book this, and slots seemed to be going fast. This was to be the AstraZeneca Oxford vaccine, and that there was no need to wait afterwards.

yesterday I arrived slightly earlier than the appointed time, but didn’t have to wait for more than a couple of minutes. The whole process seemed pretty well organised, and I only saw one other person waiting. Asked about a lollipop and a badge afterwards, but it seems that these were not available. Did get a sticker however

I feel very slightly ‘off-colour’ today, but not something that I can quite put my finger on. Hopefully this means that I’m generating some sort of immune response. Fingers crossed.

An update to this. I developed a temperature of 100°F the following day, and felt rather unwell. It’s come down over the course of today to something approaching normal for me. I can’t remember feeling this bad after a ‘flu shot!

I have noticed quite a number had to wait 15 minutes after receiving jab in case of a reaction, so did my sister in law who went to same centre as I (Bosworth) but I was told no need to wait so left straight away. Eric

It seemed only people who had driven to the centre who were recommended to sit for 15 minutes when I had my vaccine - as I'd walked she said it was fine for me to leave straight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back