• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Christmas Meet Up 2016 (on The Day)

Well done Lady Penelope for producing the most clear and frontal shots of people and faces. It's difficult in a crowded room to avoid studies of the backs of shirts and pullovers but you managed it. Can you be the official photographer next time? Dave.

Great photos everyone and sorry I couldn't make it. (We moved house the day before).

Interesting effects on the photos too. Nice to see the artistic skills coming out in members!

Just want to emphasise what Postie has said. Everyone PLEASE feel able to post comments to the forum. All members views add to our discussions on here. And it can lead us into lots of interesting areas.

Happy Christmas all. And let's have a great 2017 on BHF.

Vv.

Thank you for your comments farmerdave, I usually manage to cut people's heads off so was really pleased!

Viv, it took me a long time to get into posting as I was worried I might say the wrong thing but gradually I realised that every little bit of information adds to the big picture. It really helped going to the meet-ups too as I felt more confident once I had met the 'friends on the forum'.

Being unlikely to ever attend a BHF bash because I live too far away (like many), half the fun is trying to work out who is who from the pictures and the occasional few clues. Please keep the pictures from these events coming - this is better than Cluedo!

Maurice

Back