• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Christmas Meet Up 2016 (on The Day)

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks please use this thread for your comments and photos of todays christmas meet up...good luck to everyone with the raffle...enjoy:):):)

lyn x

Have a great day everybody, I had planned to be there but the plans got derailed by unexpected health issues. Looking forward to seeing all the photos, even the embarrassing ones:D

Simon

I hope it is a great and enjoyable day for everyone attending. Those of us, through personal reasons or simple distance, look forward to reports of the day.

Just a few random pics to try to catch the atmosphere of the 'meet', which I thoroughly enjoyed as usual, even won a raffle prize and a Present from Lyn (which I will not open 'till Christmas day. No doubt more pics will follow from other membersDSC03019.JPG DSC03020.JPG DSC03021.JPG DSC03022.JPG

hi folks not long got home...what a lovely time i had with you all...so pleased to meet some new faces as well:)...i know that some of you could not make it for various reasons so hope to see you at the next one...eric so pleased you won a prize especially after all you do for the forum..and yes do NOT open your pressie until christmas day:D..you all raised a fantastic £228 for our forum funds...what a great bunch you are thank you all as postie said in his speech..we cant to it without you... i also managed to take a few piccies which i will post as soon as i have caught my breath lol..ps thanks for the photos of me eric...from the back just how i like them:D

lyn xxx

Last edited:
Well done and many thanks, Lyn, for making it happen. Lovely event.

Chris

few pics here folks...the one of me and the one of me and our kid mark was taken by mayfield..he insisted:D

BHF CHRISTMAS MEET UP 2016 002.JPG BHF CHRISTMAS MEET UP 2016 003.JPG BHF CHRISTMAS MEET UP 2016 004.JPG BHF CHRISTMAS MEET UP 2016 005.JPG BHF CHRISTMAS MEET UP 2016 006.JPG BHF CHRISTMAS MEET UP 2016 007.JPG BHF CHRISTMAS MEET UP 2016 008.JPG BHF CHRISTMAS MEET UP 2016 009.JPG BHF CHRISTMAS MEET UP 2016 010.JPG BHF CHRISTMAS MEET UP 2016 011.JPG

Many many thanks for today Lyn, I had a really good time and it was great to catch up with folks

What's my raffle prize Lyn, not one of my paintings I hope, any way I gave the tickets for you, so the prize should be yours by right. Really enjoyed the meet but don't like leaving my dog to long, hence the 2 hour limit. Eric

hi eric yes i know you dont like to leave toby for too long...i chose the saluation pub mug and coaster for you.

Last edited:
Sorry for the quick pop in but I could see everyone was enjoying themselves and the same old faces were winning the raffle prizes :mad:o_O:rolleyes:;);):p:p:p

nice to see you and cath froth..actually if i am not mistaken 4 first timers won prizes:D which is great as it means they may come back lol

i agree froth the bull is a quaint little pub with lots of atmosphere to it...by the way i like your new avatar...very clever:)

What a lovely meet Lyn I am very lucky to have won 2 of Eric's paintings today but one was for my mom

vic i bet your mom (lynne webb) was chuffed..sorry shes unwell and couldnt make it today i know she was looking forward to the meet...was also pleased that postie won the other painting...like so many of us including me he has never won one..its a wonder there are no punch ups to get one:D:D

froth dont know yet when the next one will be but next year BHF will be 15 years old..:):)

Lyn, re post #21 I think Hillary won one, 'Cambrian Wharf'' if I remember correct, cannot remember which meet or the venue though. Perhaps I can manage 4 next time, I tend to paint more over the Winter not being a TV person. Like to say again how much I enjoyed the meet. I remember saying I would like to win the Salutation mug some one must have mentioned the fact. Eric

froth dont know yet when the next one will be but next year BHF will be 15 years old..:):)[/QUOTE]

It's my 10th anniversary March next year :):)

crikey froth have we really put up with you for nearly 10 years:eek::D:D

eric you may well be right then about hilary winning a painting...you have done so many..glad my memory is not that bad...it was me you told about the sally mug:)

A very pleasant day. did not take as many photos as I was going to, but here are those I did take.
should have posted this earlier. thought I had, but did not press the reply button, so it was still sitting on my computer.
Vicki - give your mum my best wishes. hope she feels better soon. I'm sure the painting will help.

Attachments

• DSCN0726.jpg
    DSCN0726.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCN0727.jpg
    DSCN0727.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCN0729.jpg
    DSCN0729.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN0728.jpg
    DSCN0728.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCN0731.jpg
    DSCN0731.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCN0732.jpg
    DSCN0732.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 68
  • meet bull 10.12.2016.jpg
    meet bull 10.12.2016.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 71
Sorry it was a flying visit yesterday Lyn but I really enjoyed catching-up with old friends and meeting new members. Your meet-ups are always great Lyn especially the Christmas ones. Great venue and lovely people - what more could you ask for?

Lots of love and have a great Christmas Lyn. Mabz x

smashing to see you mabz..but lets not forget that without you all our meet ups would not be possible:) happy christmas to you..paula and tom...have a good one

lyn xx

Hi Lyn, still trying to downsize my pics. I kept the list of instructions you sent me last time I got into difficulties but can't seem to make them work. Whether it's Windows 10 or operator error (more likely the latter....) I will try again later. Hoping to go to Lichfield Christmas Food Market today if the weather keeps fine.

Back