• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Christmas 2012 at the Jewellers Arms

It's Saturday, it's 12 0'clock
I'm off down "The Meet"
I think i'd better hurry
or I may not get a seat

But being with a "lady fair"
Carolina, a true Brummie wench
when we get to The Jewelers Arms
we find ourselves a bench

There's Bisopsmate and Brian C
David Fowler and Chocks 2
Key Hill Brian and Pete R
and look, there's Sister Sue

Shera, Ragga, Irene and Pam
Their cousin Brian too
thanks to all Jim's badges
I now now who is who

A special mention for the girl
who made it a success
so take a bow our guiding light
Lyn, aka Astoness

apologies if you didn't get a mention, didn't want to bore you folk too much.
jimbo
Yeah right - we know you actually ran out of rhymes.

Lyn can we have a cardboard facsimile of Frothy at the next do he cannot get to please? To make it lifelike we could chuck it down a step or three.

smashing pics ragga for once i didnt come out too bad....thanks again to everyone who turned up the main thing is that everyone had a good time...jimbo thats a great verse....maybe next year the town hall lol...

lyn x

My daughter and I managed to attend a meet up for the first time ,and were able to put some names to faces at last ! Did not expect such a large turnout ,and popped out to a nearby jewellers for christmas gift intending to return for some of the lovely food.however when we got back there were no seats so ended up eating at nearby restaurant. Hopefully we will be able to attend the next one as we thoroughly enjoyed it and were sorry to leave early. Margaret

that's really good Jimbo, next Poet Laureate from the forum :tongue:
And Ladylinda, that is why I must diet next year lol!!!
Lyn, on your pic, dad looks like he has his hand on his head in despair at leaving lol
Sue

Last edited:
Glad you all had a good time, another successful meet then? Hope to make the next one, but on the 15th I was sat outside a bar in Tenerife in temperatures approaching 76f.
Still, I toasted you all with a large glass of something alcofrolic.....well, someone has to keep the Spanish economy going!

Last edited:
Well at least we didn't have the white stuff Charlie and the braver ones did have a drink outside lol!!
Enjoy the rest of your holiday.
sue

Forgot that I had this picture on my mobile. It's of Postie and Astoness dancing, and the guy sitting down wishing they would hurry up and go away, and the young lady on the right is upset because Postie never asked her for a dance. :love-struck: Oh, and Astoness left her bra hanging up on the wall.

Terry
P.S. I am only joking :encouragement:

Attachments

• 2012-12-15 14.44.36 (Large).jpg
    2012-12-15 14.44.36 (Large).jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
oh lol terry if that was my bra on the wall there would be no room to dance...im in stitches here

lyn

It's Saturday, it's 12 0'clock
I'm off down "The Meet"
I think i'd better hurry
or I may not get a seat

But being with a "lady fair"
Carolina, a true Brummie wench
when we get to The Jewelers Arms
we find ourselves a bench

There's Bisopsmate and Brian C
David Fowler and Chocks 2
Key Hill Brian and Pete R
and look, there's Sister Sue

Shera, Ragga, Irene and Pam
Their cousin Brian too
thanks to all Jim's badges
I now now who is who

A special mention for the girl
who made it a success
so take a bow our guiding light
Lyn, aka Astoness

apologies if you didn't get a mention, didn't want to bore you folk too much.
jimbo

I wasn't there ...Honest!! I was at work. Whoever saw me is telling porkies! The wife is now convinced that I was there enjoying myself.

Bojalu, Jacqui thank s to both you and our mystery benefactors, most welcome.
I trust you will all have a fantastic Christmas
Jim

Sorry I am late coming in to this thread ................
I want to say thank you to everyone for making Bishoppete and myself feel so welcome.
A special thank you to Postie who, although he was pointed out to me, I did not get to thank personally for the drink. It was a very kind thought and much appreciated - specially when we found out the wine was so good!!!
Thank you to Lyn for organising such a big gathering, we really did not know what to expect and such a welcome was great.
Love the photos Ragga - I forgot all about my camera ................
I won a book in the raffle - Once a Brummie by Leslie Mayer - thank you to whoever donated it ........ it was a very interesting read, especially as it is about the part of Birmingham, and the era, that my Mother was growing up.
Altogether a wonderful afternoon and we shall be going back to the pub for another Saturday lunch soon as the locals were also friendly!!!
Thanks again everyone

hi all..once again no thanks needed but thank you....it was rather a large gathering lol....just had an email of brian skelding and wife normajean saying how much they enjoyed themselves..they arrived back in canada on sunday and its minus 34 over there...and we moan lol...

just found this pic of shera proudly holding one of erics much sought after paintings that she won in the raffle..xmas cats 016.JPG

lyn

Last edited:
xmas cats 001.JPGxmas cats 005.JPGxmas cats 010.JPGxmas cats 022.JPGback again folks...made a right mess of the few pics i did take as they seemed to save into different files..prob my fault lol anyhow ive just found time to try and locate a few so posting them now..

found a few more but i think this is the best of the ones i took...bit late but nice to post them on christmas day...

lyn

xmas cats 011.JPGxmas cats 012.JPGxmas cats 018.JPGxmas cats 024.JPG

xmas cats 009.JPGxmas cats 021.JPGxmas cats 026.jpglast few...looks like sues mom is praying that she wins a raffle prize in the first pic mind you i think we all were lol..

Back