• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

cap badges sales

S

sharon.spooner1

sorry if i place this in the wrong section so I hope you will orgive me if it is,
I just want to help my Uncle but i am not sure how too..

I just wonder if you can help me at all.

My Uncle would like to sell a collection of Cap Badges, he has about 1000 or more,
I don’t know where would be best to go to and just wonder if you or any of your contacts could help.
He has all regiments and some as far back as 1800 (I believe he told me).
They have all been kept in nice picture frames, in regiments I believe.

Thank you for ANY help or direction you can send me.

Thank You

Sharon

Sharon.

I suggest contacting a local auction room and asking if it is worth putting them in any of their sales. You could also contact the BBC program 'Flog It' to see if they are in your area soon. Be very careful about approaching dealers without getting some idea of the value of your uncles collection. From your description I believe it could be quite valuable.

Old Boy

There are buyers of military badges on Google most are reputable people, get at least 3 offers and decide, you may have to take them be viewed for valuation, take care do not rush into any deal offered, they are increasing in value all the time and will keep. Len.

thank you what you have suggested I have already planned to do, and have approached a couple via google, and sherwood foresters web site etc

I have had an approach from 1 so far in Cumbria but waiting to see if I can find something more local and as lencops suggest 3 valuations, I like the thought of the flog it etc programs, might be interested in something so rare and large.. thank you both but any other suggestions will let you know how we get on if he sells them.

Sharon.You could try THE GREAT WAR FORUM it has a subforum on uniforms and cap badges.I am sure you will get some great advise on there.
Moss.

Back