• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Bull Ring 1960s - 1980s

I know many of you disliked the 1960's Bull Ring, but to me that was "My Bull Ring of my teenage years and I spent many, many happy Saturdays walking round there before buying some flowers from the flower lady at the bottom of the ramp, she was usually selling them off by the time I got there and I would get armfuls for my mom and nan, then wander through the Indoor Market to the bus station and home on the 128 or 129.

I went to the new Bull Ring the other Saturday, it's very nice, very clean and I expect the kids love it, but it just wasn't "My Bull Ring".

I have the same photo as at #165 and it is dated 1960 on my image, if any date with photos can be believed (unless they are your own).

City  Bull Ring 1960[1] (2).jpg

City  Bull Ring 1960[1].jpg

All looks a bit chaotic in the last photo. So much going on. Think the policeman on traffic duty has his work cut out. Viv.

A heaving Bull Ring in 1967. (Image originally posted by Astoness on the 'old street pics' thread). Viv.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    229.8 KB · Views: 38
The last photo must have been about summer/August. (Back to School signs on Woolworth's doors). Maybe around 1980s? Viv.

bullring.jpg
I hope I have posted this in the right place. It fascinates me because the traffic is so sparse but I do remember driving around when it was like this.

a 1960s painting.jpg
Forgive the negativity again but I am only assuming this is the Bull Ring.

Birmingham in the 60s.jpg
The Rotunda and part of the bull Ring in the 1960s, what a delight it was to drive around in those days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Screenshot (178).png
Liked this Bull Ring picture! Pre Rotunda and the old Woolworths and the old Market Hall still in evidence but the then new road layout in situ.

Back