• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birth Certs

lmr3103

master brummie
Smudge, the death certificate would be from a different place. The one I mentioned is for the burial records.
Lynn

Lady Penelope

master brummie
Jan, Now that I'm not confused by the fact that I couldn't find the £7 charge, I've realised (I think) why you can't have a PDF of a marriage certificate. It's because it's a legal document and both birth and death certificates aren't in the same way. Erdington Parish church, for instance, could conduct baptisms and burials from the opening while it was still a chapel of ease, before it was licensed for marriages. What do you think?

Alberta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Smudger you can use one of the methods listed above the information is,
Joan M Smith, 0 years,registered Jan/Feb/March qtr 1941 Volume 6d page 605
2 births of a Joan M Smith in this area in 1940
Joan M Smith registered Sept qtr 1940 West Bromwich mmn Holmes
Joan M Smith registered Dec qtr 1940 Birmingham mmn Jones.

pjmburns

master brummie
Jan, Now that I'm not confused by the fact that I couldn't find the £7 charge, I've realised (I think) why you can't have a PDF of a marriage certificate. It's because it's a legal document and both birth and death certificates aren't in the same way. Erdington Parish church, for instance, could conduct baptisms and burials from the opening while it was still a chapel of ease, before it was licensed for marriages. What do you think?
Hi Pen. Yes those were my thoughts when I had stopped to consider things.

Lady Penelope

master brummie
The marriage certificate is for family history research for a friend and I'm always more cautious about spending money for some else than I am for myself. I tend to think if it's for me and I make a mistake it's my own fault!

Smudger

master brummie
I`ve sent off for a copy of a death certificate. Can someone tell me if it will contain DOB even if age at death is 0.?

sospiri

Ex-pat Brummie
Smudger,

I've looked at a few of my old ones and the column heading says "Age". I have one that was 9 days old. Another one says 6 months, but none give a date of birth.

Maurice :cool: