• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birth Certs

changinman1

master brummie
Hi all ...great people .....I havnt sent off for a BC for must be 10 years , what is the process , is it easier now and or is there an alternative way of viewing these or getting hold of them without having to pay £8 for one ??

pjmburns

master brummie
ii always use GRO. You can now get some as PDF files and that is cheaper than a paper copy.

Last edited:

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
Hi all ...great people .....I havnt sent off for a BC for must be 10 years , what is the process , is it easier now and or is there an alternative way of viewing these or getting hold of them without having to pay £8 for one ??

these days £8 is cheap....they are a least double that if you went to the register office to collect one

lyn

Lady Penelope

master brummie
Are they still doing PDF's? I don't seem to be able to find the appropriate page. Every time I log in they want £11 to post it and there doesn't seem to be a tick box for a PDF. I'm sure that when I looked last week they were still on offer.

williamjukes

master brummie
Are they still doing PDF's? I don't seem to be able to find the appropriate page. Every time I log in they want £11 to post it and there doesn't seem to be a tick box for a PDF. I'm sure that when I looked last week they were still on offer.

I ordered a death certificate online through GRO as a PDF just a couple of days ago and received it this morning.

William.

Smudger

master brummie
Whilst we are on the topic of death, can anyone find burial details of my sister who died as a baby/infant and was buried in Witton cemetery around 1941. I have emailed Witton cemetery 3 times but i guess they may be very busy. Her name was Joan Smith. I thank you for any help.

Lady Penelope

master brummie
I ordered a death certificate online through GRO as a PDF just a couple of days ago and received it this morning.

William.
Sorry to be a pain, but I have looked at the site several times and it only gives an option for £11 or £35. Could you possibly tell me the correct address for PDF'S and how you did it? I'm going cross-eyed trying to work it out. Many thanks.

lmr3103

master brummie
Whilst we are on the topic of death, can anyone find burial details of my sister who died as a baby/infant and was buried in Witton cemetery around 1941. I have emailed Witton cemetery 3 times but i guess they may be very busy. Her name was Joan Smith. I thank you for any help.
Hi Smudge, there is a Joan Smith buried Jan 1941 at Witton listed on the Birmingham City Council website, but it's £20 to purchase the Digital Download.
Lynn

Smudger

master brummie
Hi Smudge, there is a Joan Smith buried Jan 1941 at Witton listed on the Birmingham City Council website, but it's £20 to purchase the Digital Download.
Lynn
Hi Lynn, many thanks for the info. I can now send for a copy of death certificate.