• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham 24 hour clock

Dumb Brummie

proper brummie kid
Hi
Does anyone remember or have photos of the building in Birmingham having a 24 hour clock lit up on the building.I only ask as I used to go to St georges c of e junior school and when we looked out of the xlass room window towards snow hill there was a building with the 24 hour clock on it I'm sure there was one but as you get older you doubt yourself it was handy for knowing when school was nearly finished it may have been the building before Lloyd house took it over any memories would be great and photos thank you

Correct thank you very much yes I remember now thought I was going mad I remember sitting in school looking at it on mantmy a foggy day thanks for the photo as well

I used to go to St georges school we got the number 69 bus from school into Birmingham or if we were short of money we would walk into Birmingham down constitution Hill as our school wasn't far from Cannings works

I recall the clock gave temperature too, cycling between time and temperature, or am I thinking of one somewhere else

As a school boy I used to catch the train from Moore Street Station to get home and used to clock-watch - using the skyline sight of the displayed time as a count down to the trains departure time. The clock also displayed the air temperature in Celsius

Back