• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bhf christmas meet 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
CHRISTMAS IN THE JEWELLERY QUARTER
christmas-holly-1.jpg

hi all well its creeping round to that time of year again so lets get the ball rolling for our christmas meet up...as usual everyone is most welcome especially our members who have not yet been to one of our meets..please bring along any friends or family as you will all be made very welcome.:encouragement: once again we will be holding a raffle and all proceeds will be going to our forum funds so any donated prizes will be most welcome and many thanks to members who have already said they are bringing something along...there is plenty of choice of good food at the jewellers..not over the top prices and excellent service..get your names down folks before its standing room only lol...

venue...the jewellers arms pub
23 hockley st b18 6bw

date...saturday the 15th of december.

time...12 midday...

MEMBERS HOPING TO ATTEND..

COOKIE 273UK....
SISTER SUE..MOM AND DAD..
THE LOVELY FLOYD SISTERS IRENE AND PAM.. AND COUSIN BRIAN..
WENDY AND MICHAEL..
ASTONIAN..
DAVID FOWLER...
KEY HILL BRIAN...
CAROLINA...
ASTONESS...GRAHAM AND JO...
LADYLINDA..
LYNNE WEBB..
VICKY..
KELLY..
CLAIRE-BRUM71...AND MOM AND DAD....
BERNIE D'BOULT..AND LINDA...
BISHOPSMATE...
SHERA...AND BOB...
PETE R....
STARS...AND WIFE BID...
MIKEJEE AND MOM....
ROBERT..AND BARRY..
BARRIE...
POSTIE AND THE BOSS HILARY...
MAUR..AND ALAN...
MAGGIEUK..AND TOM..
XIXTOMXIX..(SON TOM)
LINDYLOO...
JIMBO..AND THE WIFE...
RAGGA...
PHIL...
TERRYB18..AND THE BOSS...
BILBO.C...
MAYFIELD..
ANNIE56...
BRIAN SKELDING..AND NORMAJEAN...
CHRISM..AND MARLENE..
LESLAM...
COLIN B...

Last edited:
wicked lynn we have missed seeing you of late..let the buses run without you for the day lol and thanks for the raffle prize..:encouragement:

lyn

hi claire...do you know i was only thinking about you earlier today....great that you can make it..really hope your mom and dad can get there as well as ive yet to meet your mom...think you told me a couple of years back that she also went to farm st school...

:encouragement:

lyn..

Can you put us down as definite probables subject to family commitments.

Thanks

Bernie

Last edited by a moderator:
will do bernie...the list is under hoping to comes...

lyn..:encouragement:

I'll come and bring my DH - will be nice to put faces to names ............ speaking of which do we need to label ourselves with BHF handle and our given names?

hi bishopsmate great to have you onboard..its always good to meet new members..only guessing but does DH stand for dear hubby...funny you should mention name labels because i am going to have a word with postie about starting to make our forum name badges again as quite a few members have mentioned it to me...will post about that when something is sorted out...look forward to meeting you:encouragement:

lyn

I'm never sure which badge I put on! The old one or the later one! But then again must be my age.:fatigue:

david i have also got the old and new style members badge..maybe i should wear them both..one on each side lol..

lyn

Hopefully I will be able to attend as usual Lyn so will you put me down please :soap:

Look forward to meeting everyone again and enjoying the lovely food and drink (i only drink at christmas of course!!) :encouragement:

lol chris i beleive you thousands wouldnt....be good to see you again..is bob coming...
just about to start decorating son toms bedroom..he does not know this yet but will be getting the bill lol

lyn:encouragement:

Last edited:
Bob will come if work allows so you could put him down as a "maybe!" Hes really enjoyed the last couple of meets.

Tom is very lucky to have his decorating done for him, best of luck with it Lyn. :star:

hi nico...here is my badge..its just a good way of everyone knowing who is who at our meets ups...really handy for those who are attending for the first time...we are hoping to start making them again at a small charge and the money goes into our forum funds...

img598.jpg

lyn

I'll try to get to the Pub, but work/family commitments are unpredictable. If I arrive, I'll wear my old leather jacket from the 60's (it still fits ... just .... as long as I don't try to do it up!). Peter R.

hi pete..always great to see new faces....do hope you can make it with that jacket of yours
:encouragement:

lyn

Yeah i am hoping she can too Lyn, she really enjoyed the last one at key Hill she came to, she was a little nervous but said after she'd never felt so welcome and how friendly everyone was, she'll love meeting you :)

claire if your mom can make it just let me know nearer the time and i will bring my folder of old photos from the old end for her to take a look at...

lyn

good to have stars onboard...look forward to seeing you and the wife again stars..:encouragement:

lyn

We would hope to come Lyn, but, as always, it will depend on how my mother is (and no s***)

morning mike...hope to see and your mom there...dont worry about the s*** there will be none...it maybe a tad nippy but definately no s***:encouragement:

lyn

Mmm, wonder what that glass contained when we met on the canalside the other year??????

Hopefully I will be able to attend as usual Lyn so will you put me down please :soap:

Look forward to meeting everyone again and enjoying the lovely food and drink (i only drink at christmas of course!!) :encouragement:

Nico it is just that, the older forum members had pin on badges with their name on, so that could be recognised at the meet ups. We had some stickers at one of the St Georges day meet ups , with an England cross for the man and a Dragon for the ladies!!!
Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back