• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Bevan Family

Is she the Patricia Jane Hornak who became a naturalised American in New Jersey 1953?

i cant find a burial for little emily but i think this must be her death record

lyn
Emily Bevan
Estimated Birth Year:abt 1900
Registration Quarter:Oct-Nov-Dec
Death Registration Place:Birmingham, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
Death Date:Dec 1900
Inferred Death Place:Warwickshire, United Kingdom
Volume:6d
Page:41
There is an Emily Bevan buried at witton November 1900

that could well be emilys burial jan

lyn
That makes perfect sense. One day I shall have to journey to Birmingham and visit all of the graves.

We are presuming that Elizabeth died in 1912 as nothing else comes up that would suggest otherwise.

With that said, it seems as though we have managed to locate and account for all possible family connections for Alice.

Confirming the missing bits of her own story is next and seemingly quite challenging....

Apologies if this has been said before -but when Emily married Harry she was a widow.
1632334971036.png
The strange thing is that when Emily married Patrick Gannon the marriage is recorded as Emily Virgo and she says her father is Roger.
1632335067185.png
The birth reg for Emily Ann Knowles has mmn Virgo and on the 1881 and 1891 census Emily Virgo is with her grandarents.
Have I got the right person? It could explain the mmn Virgo but I am confused by the Father's names.
It looks as if Mary Ann Virgo married Joseph Knowles and had Emily - who then seems to have been brought up by her grandparents and reverted to their surname of Virgo.

• Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
I would like someone to see if they agree with me. I was just curious where the mmn Virgo came from. I felt there had to be a reason.

So many mysteries.

Wondering about Elizabeth and her potential death at the age of 22.... Seems young to die if not from childbirth or other complications.

Yes. Pardon my ignorance, but where would I locate said cert? I am in Canada, ordering su h seems to be a challenge.
Sorry - forgot that bit. I got confused at this point as I thought you meant the Elizabeth who was married to Harry and died in 1899 but the 21 year old was his daughter and she wasn't married - MWS suggested she died in 1912. Hope that is the one you meant.

You can order from here (you need to register but it is free to do that - you pay for the cert.) you are also taking a risk that you have the right person.
https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

Death certs can be ordered as PDF files (if all you want is the details then that is fine and is a cheaper option, also quicker as they upload it to your account, let you know by email and you can then download it - last one I ordered came within 4 working days). PDF files are £7 - not sure what that is in dollars and you can pay with a credit card. You need the reference details which I have copied to save you searching.
1632407482800.png
You need to search for the PDF bit as it is towards the bottom of the ordering page.

Good luck and hope it is the right person.

• Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
Thanks so much!
I expect it is her, but that said, there is a family photo with "Elizabeth" later than 1912, but we can find no other supporting info one way or another.

Here's another query for you.... Elizabeth Durose is daughter of William Durose and Sarah Padmore. On their marriage cert, he indicates father unknown.

Numerous people have his father as George Durose. If it states unknown, is it possible they simply were at odd and in fact George is his father?

Back