• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Best Emily

The two children after 1911...

Violet, Jun 1912 Bham
Charles Ernest, Sep 1917 Bh
lisa i can only get the transcript for the 21 census as you have to subscribe to see the whole lot the bit i can see says says...violet..charles ernest ..edward and 4 others at the address..
lyn

Last edited:
I can see the search results on findmypast Lyn.

And (after a bit of trial and error) they are on Granville St - Elizabeth (widow), Emma, Mary, Edward, Violet, Charles and William Charles Burton (who Elizabeth marries).

And (after a bit of trial and error) they are on Granville St - Elizabeth (widow), Emma, Mary, Edward, Violet, Charles and William Charles Burton (who Elizabeth marries).
ahh great mark...the bit i could not get was the address

lyn

The two children after 1911...

Violet, Jun 1912 Bham
Charles Ernest, Sep 1917

Oo..Dad mentioned an aunt Violet

I don't have findmypast unfortunately. I'm working with Ancestry and family search only at the moment. This information you have found today is brilliant though and I'm so grateful, thankyou.

I don't have findmypast unfortunately. I'm working with Ancestry and family search only at the moment. This information you have found today is brilliant though and I'm so grateful, thankyou.
I only use Ancestry and Family Search. I agree Ancestry is weird on a phone.
Keep searching. Don't buy any certs unless absolutely sure or you will spend a fortune.

Lisa (and your BHF support team),
133cM DNA match 2nd/3rd cousin Bill Burton here. I've only just picked up on this Best Family thread - I was still working on the Speaking Stile Walk one! I've had a quick look at my Smith ancestors that lived and worked on the canals and can offer you an Elizabeth Smith, my great aunt, born 1875 in Worcester. She lives with her parents William and Elizabeth on narrow boats working between Worcester & Birmingham but by 1891 at age 16 she is the head of a land-based Smith household in Holliday Street - with her siblings down to about 5 - the younger ones and an older one remained with W&E on the narrow boats) . We never managed to find out if/who she married. William died in 1895 and Elizabeth came off the boats but married another canal man Thomas Phillips and the Smith/Phillips family settled in Blucher Street. You already have my email address on the Ancestry messaging system - if you send me an email I can send you a pdf of the relevant part of my Smith tree.
Bill

Just a thought re the names Edward and Henry.
I wonder if Edward gave Emma away (Henry having died by then) and Edward's name got recorded by mistake as the Father.

Yes was
Just a thought re the names Edward and Henry.
I wonder if Edward gave Emma away (Henry having died by then) and Edward's name got recorded by mistake as the Father.
Yes was thinking something like that could have happened. Thankyou for helping. This has been a great find for my family research!

Honeybourne is one of those places that can be listed under 2 counties - Worc or Glous - which makes searching a little more fun.
Ha! There's a lot of fun things happening when researching family! I found these last night on Ancestry. It's funny once you get that lead it all starts falling into place. Massive thanks to everyone who gave me that lead on this forum. so appreciated

Hi
Lisa (and your BHF support team),
133cM DNA match 2nd/3rd cousin Bill Burton here. I've only just picked up on this Best Family thread - I was still working on the Speaking Stile Walk one! I've had a quick look at my Smith ancestors that lived and worked on the canals and can offer you an Elizabeth Smith, my great aunt, born 1875 in Worcester. She lives with her parents William and Elizabeth on narrow boats working between Worcester & Birmingham but by 1891 at age 16 she is the head of a land-based Smith household in Holliday Street - with her siblings down to about 5 - the younger ones and an older one remained with W&E on the narrow boats) . We never managed to find out if/who she married. William died in 1895 and Elizabeth came off the boats but married another canal man Thomas Phillips and the Smith/Phillips family settled in Blucher Street. You already have my email address on the Ancestry messaging system - if you send me an email I can send you a pdf of the relevant part of my Smith tree.
Bill
Hi Bill! Morning here in Australia and woke up thinking about our connection especially after all the info from Mark finding my Nan's real birth name. Changed everything! The support and help from everyone on here has been incredible and so excited to start growing that side of the tree! I'll email you Bill.
Lisa

lisa i can only get the transcript for the 21 census as you have to subscribe to see the whole lot the bit i can see says says...violet..charles ernest ..edward and 4 others at the address..
lyn
Oh that's great thanks Lyn! I'm so blown away by the help on here, it's been brilliant! I'll see about subscribing short term to see a copy.

I'll donate to the forum for all the help Ive been given, is it same details as stated.. to Pritchard?
Yes - Jim Pritchard is the boss.
By the way you can pay per record on FMP rather than subscribing. I got my couple of 1921 census records that way.
Oh and Happy Birthday PJMBurns! hope I got that right. Still navigating my way around the forum.
Thanks for the birthday message.

Yes - Jim Pritchard is the boss.
By the way you can pay per record on FMP rather than subscribing. I got my couple of 1921 census records that way.

Thanks for the birthday message.
Thankyou and sorry for my ignorance but what is FMP? I'm relatively new to family researching seriously.

Back