• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Banana Sandwiches

I watched a programme last week with Gloria Hunniford and she was talking to a lady who said that when your banana skins start to go brown and over ripe, dont throw them away, freeze them and you will have a fat free banana ice cream. But, I dont know if you freeze them with the skins on or not.

Ger22van. on post #9 you mentioned not remembering having bananas in the 1940s well there was a war on and the only one who were eligible were babies and infants, thats if one had a green ration book....l learned to eat bananas sandwiches around 1950 and have been eating them ever since,plus bananas with icecream or custard and i'm always make banana nut bread,l buy them green and after a few days they rippen up oh! has anyone tried bananas and yogurt that a good dessert too...Brenda

Missed this thread first time around, but wow, banana sandwiches a delicious treat. But no sugar thanks. Sweet enough as they are. Viv.

Back