• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Attaching a Photograph

suemalings

master brummie
Can someone hlep me please? I am having a problem trying to attach a photo to a thread.

How do I do it so that my photo isn't A4 size!

You could use:
https://tinypic.com/?t=postupload

Select your image from the Browse option then open select 'message board' from the Resize option then copy and paste the code which is shown beneath 'IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards'

Is that you are using the quick reply option? you have to use the go advanced option to be able to attach a picture, sorry if this is sounds to be stating the obvious but I got it wrong when i first tried to attach a picture and wondered what i was doing wrong so I know this can be a easily made error.

I've never use the quick-reply thing if I'm going to attach a photo. I just hit the reply button on left, type my message, and the use 'Manage Attachments' button, and up comes a Window to browse for the photo and I upload it. I then 'preview' to see if its there.
oldmohawk
:)

Sorry to but in but thanks oldmohawk .It looks that simple even I could do it. Now to find a photo!....arkrite.

Hi, Arkright,
I use the Microsoft 'Powertoy' because it puts itself into the Windows system and works with a simple 'right click' I used it to reduce an image from 6.3Mb to 44kb.

Last edited:
moh I think most of us use Manage attachments you could use your screen capture to show Sue I'm not sure of mine yet so I won't take the risk:D

you could use your screen capture to show Sue
Hi Alf, You can see I successfully used your link and program.
Thanks
oM
icon7.gif

For years I had no problems posting pictures on this form now, all of a sudden it works some days and not others.
I believe Alfie and one or two more have a similar problem.
deprimetriste294230fr.gif

problems posting pictures
I've never had a problem posting pics with the method I use, particularly being able to preview before I submit. The only problem I had (another thread) was not getting email notifications - useful because I'm not always logged in. I think the only problem I have at present, is I don't think I can send PM's. But that's 'Computers' for you ! We do take them for granted.:)

Not much help but I find this forum one of the easiest to post a photo onto.

The image resizer I pointed to in post #2 becomes part of the Windows system and can resize one or any number of images in a folder with one right click and doesn't alter the originals. Click on screenshot below.

Oh dear!!!
l9iblush.gif
Seems Irfanview has recently been saving edited files in the wrong format rendering files too large to post...
Egg on me face agen!!!
1072.gif

Back