• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

ALSTON ROAD SCHOOL

Hi everyone. I am a teacher at Alston Primary School (Alston road). As part of our Birmingham celebration day that we have coming up, I thought it would be lovely to look at Alston Primary school from the past. I know the building was used as a boys school but other than that finding information on the site is hard. Does anyone have any information at all ? I was wondering whether you may have pictures or stories that I could share with the children. It would also we wonderful if anyone fancied doing an interview or a having a chat about the school in the past.
Hopefully awaiting your responses.
Mrs Mayo

I think I arrived at the school in 1953. Spent 1 year in infants then up to the Junior school. The photos suggest that classes were not mixed at the time they were taken. I don’t think we would have looked so different but I don’t have any school photos from my time there. Thanks Pat they have thrown up lots of memories for me this morning. Tinpot

I think I arrived at the school in 1953. Spent 1 year in infants then up to the Junior school. The photos suggest that classes were not mixed at the time they were taken. I don’t think we would have looked so different but I don’t have any school photos from my time there. Thanks Pat they have thrown up lots of memories for me this morning. Tinpot
Glad you liked the photos, just glad I kept them Tinpot. Happy memories I hope.

Anyone on here from the Ward End era 1960 through to 1970 ..particularly Overpool Road, Clover Lea Square, Washbrook Road , Wall bank Road, St Margaret's Ave, Northleigh Road area ..we lived in Overpool Road previously Washbrook ..our father ran the Clover Lea club, some nights, after he came home from his job at Joseph Lucas Chester Street, for a few years
love to hear from anyone

Anyone on here from the Ward End era 1960 through to 1970 ..particularly Overpool Road, Clover Lea Square, Washbrook Road , Wall bank Road, St Margaret's Ave, Northleigh Road area ..we lived in Overpool Road previously Washbrook ..our father ran the Clover Lea club, some nights, after he came home from his job at Joseph Lucas Chester Street, for a few years
love to hear from anyone
I lived in the maisonnettes in Overpool Road adjacent to the community centre and went to Ward End Hall school from 1964 as we had just moved there when I was aged 13years and stayed on a year and got my CSE's.

Back