• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

A little less in OXO cubes & Walkers Crisps

dib44

master brummie
Has anyone else noticed, established brand named companies are putting less and less produce in their packaging?

Wallker's Crisps for one, open the pack and there is now more fresh air than crisps ! ! !

Latest brand name to join the fight to give us less produce, OXO cubes, the cubes are now shaped like an "X" four little vee's out of each side to form the "X" trouble is the cubes are the same size, hence I reckon they are giving us 10% less product...yes, for the same price, I wonder which bright spark thought up that marketing whiz?

Dibs

I'm definitely of the same opinion about the Walker's crisps. Open a packet and the crisps only seem to occupy about a fifth of the packet!!! And I don't like the flavour as much now that they have gone all healthy ie less salt and fat - lol

Suzanne

Its A good trick if you can get away with it reduce the size increase the price double bonus for the top brass. Dek

A report on TV last week said Terrys Chocolate Orange product was now 20% smaller but are still the same price as when they were bigger the words "rip off" come to mind. Len.

Most chocolate bars have shrunk in size, with the prices soaring. I still remember when most cost around 30p and that was only around 10 - 15 years ago. It's just good how some names are making a comeback. Noticed that Treets have been brought back (chocolate coated peanuts in a yellow bag). Just wish Cadburys would bring back the dairy milk with rice krispies yum yum

Back