• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

9/109 chestnut place , Highgate, Birmingham b12

Radiorails

master brummie
Some information here:

Preston

Hi Mario - my step grandad, Bill Foster, lived at 9 Chestnut Place with my grandma
- we lived at number 6. Are we related?!!

Chestnut Place 1966 ish as follows:
1 Adams
2 Preston
3 Baker
4 Hawkins
5 Dale
6 Wilson
7 Woods
8 Pierpoint
9 Foster
10 Dilworth
11 Eamus
I get a bit hazy after this but remember the Seeneys at 14 and Kitty at 17. The Doyles and the Foxes lived on the main Highgate Rd just in front of us.

The whole lot was demolished around 1969 for an interstellar bypass.

It was a happy childhood for loads of kids on the bombsite in front of our houses. Always lots of kids to play with.

Bill Wilson

Bob Dilworth

Hi Mario - my step grandad, Bill Foster, lived at 9 Chestnut Place with my grandma

1 Adams
2 Preston
3 Baker
4 Hawkins
5 Dale
6 Wilson
7 Woods
8 Pierpoint
9 Foster
10 Dilworth
11 Eamus
I get a bit hazy after this but remember the Seeneys at 14 and Kitty at 17. The Doyles and the Foxes lived on the main Highgate Rd just in front of us.

It was a happy childhood for loads of kids on the bombsite in front of our houses. Always lots of kids to play with.

Bill Wilson
1 Was Atkins
12 Piper
13 Powell
I lived at no 10 Chestnut Place. We called it 10/100 not 10/109.

mario

knowlegable brummie

1 Adams
2 Preston
3 Baker
4 Hawkins
5 Dale
6 Wilson
7 Woods
8 Pierpoint
9 Foster
10 Dilworth
11 Eamus

Bill Wilson
Hi chestnut place on the Highgate Road was not demolished in the 1966 my uncle lived in the Grove chestnut place it was on your left hand side going up to the bridge it was demolished roughly around 1976 or 1977 my uncles names was Gordon stokes he used to work for Smith and Wallis on Highgate Road and in between Queen Street and the factory was facing the brewer and Baker pub opposite the no 8 bus stop