• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. T

MILLS, John Thomas

Hi Alberta, What was the site you obtained the info from? Peter
  2. T

MILLS, John Thomas

Correct, (O) older (Y) younger. Birth record for John as per above from MWS also parents marriage details correct. 1911 census states 8 children from marriage 4 still alive. Chelsea Pension Record for Joseph Wellings, this is Johns; older brother. Peter
  3. T

MILLS, John Thomas

Hi All Have checked the records for John Thomas Wellings and i am sure he is the John Thomas Mills who enlisted in the Worcesters May1903. But why enlist under the name Mills? All the pieces fit in nicely (with the odd ?) Beatrice was younger than John but service record states older. All...
  4. T

MILLS, John Thomas

Hi Lyn, MWS Yes info from his service papers. Will check out the above info from MWS and see if I can sort it out regards marriage Mary Ann Mills and Arthur Wellings. Thanks for your replies Peter
  5. T

MILLS, John Thomas

John T. Mills b. 1886 Cradley Heath, Staffs. Father Arthur, mother Mary Ann. Older sister and brother, Beatrice and Joseph. One address known (1903) Cross street, Netherton (number?). Have not found a single census for him (after much searching) and about to give up but hoping some one seeing...
  6. T

Darwood, W.

Hi Lyn Army service papers for year and address. 1921 would be too late. Peter
  7. T

AMOS, Theophilus William

Hi Bluelion, Thank you for your offer re Theophilus William Amos info. I now believe I have all the details I require regarding his Army service and background. Regards Peter
  8. T

Cooper, Abraham Thomas

Info for address from service papers (Militia) for his son who gave next of kin as father at 68 Miller Street, Aston. Birth year 1861 possible but not 100% on this. Also marriage details for son (Thomas Albert Cooper - Amy Mullett 1920) but address given as 69 Miller Street (for both). Peter
  9. T

Cooper, Abraham Thomas

Trying to find 1911 census for Thomas Cooper (Abraham Thomas Cooper?). Born Bristol? Living Birmingham 1911, possible address 68 Miller Street, Aston. Any help would be appreciated. Regards Peter
  10. T

George Thomas BULLIVANT, 8576, Worcestershire Regiment

Born 10 Febuary 1890 (baptism 6 April 1890) died 9 January 1940 aged 49. Peter
  11. T

Chamberlain, G.

If the baptism is the correct one it would seem to tie up (although a bit complecated) but still need to find him on 1901 and 1911 census.
  12. T

Chamberlain, G.

Thanks for the above info and I assume this is based on the baptism details I found and that they are in fact (the baptism record) for the George Chamberlain I need. I also have an address (1918 about) 23 Bromsgrove street, Kidderminster. Peter
  13. T

Chamberlain, G.

Hi, I know some of you like a challenge so this post re George Chamberlain, born 1887 Kidderminster. No census records found for 1891, 1901 or 1911 for George (why?). We find him on 1939 register (plus wife and son). What is known about George is that he married Violet Maud Walker 1908, during...
  14. T

Thomas and AliceHill

Thank you for looking. Thomas died Dec. Q.1934 aged 57 (I believe its him)
  15. T

Thomas and AliceHill

Thanks Janice. I did find the 1920 Electoral roll and also 1925 and 1930 with same address but was not 100% certain I had the right couple however it must be them. If Alice was alone on the 1935 roll this would confirm it because I believe Thomas died early (jan?) 1935. Have not found Alice on...
  16. T

Shelley James Christopher

Hi Jim. Its been a while since my last contact about James Shelley and his daughters (Dulcie) fictionalised biography of her father and his service with the 2nd Bn., Worcestershire Regiment. It would be good to hear from you again regarding information if you have anything new about James...
  17. T

Tainsh - Wedding / Birth

Many thanks MWS most helpful. Regards Peter
  18. T

Tainsh - Wedding / Birth

Help needed or advice regards searching for the info I require. Have had no result searching (Ancestry/Findmypast) for a marriage between John Brady and Jenny Tainsh (spinster). The wedding took place 3 June 1915 Kelvin, Glasgow, Scotland. A daughter from this marriage was born 7 August 1917...
  19. T

Jenkins - Stephens

Janice Found the pension card, can now start to put the pieces together. Peter
  20. T

Jenkins - Stephens

Janice Yes I do have the army register of soldiers' effects details for George which states widow Mary Ann (self and Children) but I don't have a pension card with Mary Ann plus child Leon. The pension card I do have refers to Elsie (unmarried wife - one child. Alberta Canada does seem to be...
Back