• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. A Sparks

It's Lloyd's birthday

Happy Birthday - I hope you had a good one!
  2. A Sparks

Clifton Road School Sparkbrook

There has been a fire at the old school in Clifton Road :( https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ce9rzd4l6ylo
  3. A Sparks

Silver Blades Ice Rink

From the Birmingham Music Archive FB page - I bet that was a good night!
  4. A Sparks

Coroners of Birmingham

Oliver Pemberton cuts quite a figure with his boots, hat and cane!
  5. A Sparks

Crowthers Boutique

Young lady carrying a Crowthers bag (not Birmingham though but Kings Road, London)
  6. A Sparks

St Mary’s Catholic School Handsworth Birmingham

Looks like the only St Mary's Catholic Primary School is in Vivian Road, Harborne?
  7. A Sparks

its mikejees birthday

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day
  8. A Sparks

its jayells birthday

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day.
  9. A Sparks

Birmingham museum and art gallery.

I remember the Tram in the Science Museum!
  10. A Sparks

Donations

Sent a little something via PayPal yesterday.
  11. A Sparks

Annoying Pop up

Yes, I've been getting it every time I've opened the Forum page today!
  12. A Sparks

Kardomah

You can still just about see the ghost sign on the frontage.
  13. A Sparks

Balti Houses in Ladypool Road

I went to one of the Balti places with my evening school classmates, late 80's I think, but I can't remember which one it was - very nice though. Didn't some of the restaurant buildings in Ladypool Road get damaged by strong winds/hurricane some years ago?
  14. A Sparks

Return to the Moderator Team

Welcome back!
  15. A Sparks

Sewage farms

When I was at senior school and my biology class was learning about the water cycle we were taken to a sewage works to see how everything worked - I found it so fascinating! I don't remember the route we took to get there but I think it was probably the Minworth place.
  16. A Sparks

Lost Birmingham Pubs

The Muslim community have the Endwood now - looks like they are fundraising for it, the building does look much more cared for than it for some time after the pub was closed!
  17. A Sparks

Soho Road Handsworth

There was a great record shop on Soho Road, in the block of shops just before you get to Boulton Road (walking away from town) but I can't remember the name of it - this was late 60's. They were always very helpful and would order anything that wasn't in stock. They had a good selection of...
  18. A Sparks

Aston Parkland, Moors and Land

I was just wondering if Potters Hill in Aston was connected to the family and, yes, it was! https://billdargue.jimdofree.com/placenames-gazetteer-a-to-y/places-p/potters-hill/
  19. A Sparks

Aston Parkland, Moors and Land

I notice on the map that there's a river and a mill by the name of Bourn, I only know the Bourne Brook over the other side of Birmingham - therefore would that have later been known as the Hockley Brook?
  20. A Sparks

Marsh Hill Girls Grammar Tech School

Yes, I think when we get older we can look at people from the past in a different light - you wonder how their lives and career had been. I think you're probably right in saying under all that, she had been a caring person.
Back