• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Solihull Chic

Keen John William 1855-1831

Can anyone please help me with this brick wall I can,t get through in doing my family research on my Great Grandfather John William Keen, b approx 1855 in Gloucester Gloucestershire! (According to the 1891, 1901, 1911 census,s ) his occupation Marble polisher (stone mason) according to my...
  2. Solihull Chic

Cooper, Jack & Joan Cooper

Does anyone remember Jack & Joan Cooper who had a dance academy in Shirley road Acocks Green! Went there from approx 1954-1962 I remember a Carol & Jill Crackle & Margaret Green, lived in Acocks Green & Bobby & Sylvia Knight who lived in Greet very talented family! Jack & Joan moved to Conway...
  3. Solihull Chic

White Harry & John

Looking for info on John White born 1881 in Birmingham his father being a Harry?Henry White. John White was in the Warwickshire regiment & Joined when he was 18yrs of age! His army records show his father as Henry White living in Alison Street Birmingham! John White married Lucy Emily Keen in...
  4. Solihull Chic

Pledgers

Hi I,m looking for family connections to Frederick Pledger b 1854-1900 in Cheltenham and married Mary Ann West, in 1774 in Birmingham. Were they settled, Frederick was a Blacksmith! Mary Ann was a painter, before marriage! Children Florence Beatrice Pledger b1875-married Walter Woods..... &...
Back