• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Pledgers

Solihull Chic

knowlegable brummie
Hi I,m looking for family connections to Frederick Pledger b 1854-1900 in Cheltenham and married Mary Ann West, in 1774 in Birmingham. Were they settled, Frederick was a Blacksmith! Mary Ann was a painter, before marriage!
Children
Florence Beatrice Pledger b1875-married Walter Woods..... & John Knight
Frederick Alfred Pledger 1877-1914 occupation Blacksmith! Married Lizzie Hanman children Albert Frederick Pledger & Lizzie Ethel Pledger
Albert Edward Pledger b1882-1932 married Edith May Neale 1907 Aston 1911 census living 2house back 14 Bolton room. Occup:Bricklayer..... Child .... Gladys Pledger age 9yrs ... 1925 & 1930 living 5 court 1 Coventry road.
Joseph Harry Pledger b1879-1940
Elizabeth Minnie Pledger b1888- married John Ingram
George William Pledger b 1890- Occup Horse Driver Married Annie Lily South 26th December 1912 address for them both 1court 5 House Coventry Road.
Any Imformation or connection would be appreciated!

There was a Pledger, George, i think who was a builder and had a yard on the Coventry rd Sheldon. I think the 1912 address would have been the Coventry rd Bordesley or Small Heath.

Hi Robert, thanks for the message! I do remember the builders yard at Sheldon, I think it was owned by The George William Pledgers as above son! ..... As George Pledger senior died approx 1914! We use to live at the back of the Wheatsheaf pub! I,m sure my father Fred Pledger would have had dealings at the time! ..... But over the years lost contact! And since my fathers death, have been doing the family tree! ... Trying to reconnect with this Pledger side! I,ll have to dig into this business side a bit more! Many thanks :rolleyes:

Back