• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. mollie cross

HMS Vortigern

HMS Vortigern was lost with all hands off the Norfolk coast on the 15th March 1942. My Uncle, Sydney Bromfield was one of those. their names are listed on the Naval Memorial at Portsmouth. I was just a child at the time, but I'll always remember the photo of uncle Sid that was on top of the...
  2. mollie cross

Sydney George Bromfield

Sydney George was in the Royal Navy , he was lost in action in March 1942 when the destroyer Vortigern was lost with all hands. He was married to my aunt Irene, he had a sister named Ruby, which is about all I know of him. If this rings any family bells out there I would dearly like to hear them...
  3. mollie cross

Bibby Samuel

I have two records of a Marriage of one of my ancestors , one from Family search and one from FreeBMD. Familysearch lists the Marriage as 29th Mar 1874 .inChesterton Stafford . Free BMD lists it Mar 1874 in Wolstanton . I know some of the family lived in the Wolstanton area,but also there are...
  4. mollie cross

looking for Daniel Mc Loughlin ....Mc Laughlin

Looking for the birth details of Daniel Mc Loughlin, born around 1853,I have applied to B, Ham reg office but they have no record of him. Here I must take the chance to congratulate The Register Office on their efficiency and speedy response. I have his marriage cert , datedApril 1875 , his...
  5. mollie cross

bibby samuel looking for offspring of

Hi All, I'm now looking for the children of Samuel Bibby who married Hannah Fisher in 1874. in Chesterton Stafford. Thanks in anticipation, Mollie
  6. mollie cross

bibby wheelwright blacksmith etc

Hi all , looking for any info on a wheelwright and blacksmith business , it was owned by W, Bibby&Son in Cromwell street Nechells. I have an old letterhead ,the date on it was in the twenties. Hope someone can help . Mollie.:)
  7. mollie cross

mcilroy

:blush: Still looking for the father of John Purser Mcilroy , born in Exeter about 1824. can anyone help, ?
  8. mollie cross

mcilroy quest

:Pare there any mcilroy family members still living in brum ? trying to trace origins of John Mcilroy born in Exeter about 1825 married Hannah in1848, then moved to brum
Back