• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

mcilroy quest

mollie cross

master brummie
:pare there any mcilroy family members still living in brum ? trying to trace origins of John Mcilroy born in Exeter about 1825 married Hannah in1848, then moved to brum

Hi Molly and Welcome

Do you already have information or is there anything specific you would like us to try and find for you. I presume this is the family in 1851 --

Name:John McIllroy
Estimated Birth Year:abt 1824
Relation:Head Spouse's Name:Hannah
Where born:Exeter, Devon, England
Civil Parish:Birmingham
Ecclesiastical parish:St Luke
County/Island:Warwickshire
Street address: Bissell Street

Registration district:Birmingham
Sub registration district:St Martin
ED, institution, or vessel:8
Household schedule number:131
Household Members:NameAge
John McIllroy
Hannah McIllroy
21 Born Gloucester
Hannah McIllroy
9 Mo Born Birmingham
James Dowding

bren

Last edited:
:thumbsup:Thanks for that info Bren , that is the right Mcilroy family. what I am trying to find out is where Johns' father originated . I have John & Hannah's' marriage certificate . they were married in Cheltenham Parish Church , as Hannah was a local girl. his fathers name on the certificate looks like Kew , I wondered if it was a soundalike mistake for Hugh. that is why I wondered if there were any Mcilroys left in Brum who could possibly shed any light. Thanks again for taking the time to post your thread .Mollie

Back