• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. lindyloo

A Beautiful World...

Deleted
  2. lindyloo

St Mary's School Selly Oak

Hi, I have this lovely old school photo, which was part of a collection given to me when my Mom's cousin passed away, but I know nothing about it or where it fits into the family tree....Any information about the school would be greatly appreciated ..thanks
  3. lindyloo

A Promise kept to a Fallen Soldier 100 years on

I read a wonderful story on Facebook today, written by a dear old school friend of mine, about two Birmingham Soldiers and she has kindly given me permission to share it here.... "This tiny book belonged to a soldier who was killed in WW1. That soldier's best friend and fellow soldier promised...
  4. lindyloo

My Son's Charity Open Mic Night Dec 6th

Hi Folks, My youngest son, Joe, runs an Open Mic Night every Thursday at my Brother and Sister-in-Laws Pub in Solihull. (The Harvester, Tanhouse Farm Road, off Old Lode Lane..not far from The Wheatsheaf) On Thursday 6th Dec, he is running the Open Mic as a Charity Night to raise funds for Marie...
  5. lindyloo

4 bk 48 Arthur Street Help Please

Hi All, Having seen a great photo on the 'Courtyards and Yards of Brum' thread, of the courtyard behind 54 Arthur Street, I was wondering if 4 bk 48, would have been part of that courtyard (my Great Grandad lived at 4 bk 48 in 1881) However, on checking the census, I feel that given the amount...
  6. lindyloo

Yardley Road School Marlborough Road School

Hi All, I have a copy of a letter of Reference, written by my Nan's headmaster, dated 17 April 1919. The letter, which refers to Nan's good character, is presumably on her leaving school and for the benefit of an employer. It gives the name as Yardley Road School,.. Upper Division and the...
  7. lindyloo

Dorothy Annie COYNE, looking for descendants

Hi, I am trying to find my Uncles missing family. He was born in 1939 to Dorothy Annie Coyne and was adopted by my Nan, a short time after. Dorothy as far as I can tell was born 30 Jan 1900 to John and Ellen Coyne. Her siblings in 1901 were possibly Frank, Harry, Herbert, Arthur, May and Edith...
  8. lindyloo

Gt Grandad lived bk of 408 Coventry Road in 1901

Hi, Just wondering if anyone could help me please :) I've spent the evening trying to figure out where about on the Coventry Road, my Gt Grandad Frank Frederick Taylor and his family actually lived. I tried to work it out sometime ago and for some reason thought 408 was by Wordsworth Road/...
  9. lindyloo

Edith Mary Hyde and Louisa Jane Hyde

Hi, I hope I've put this in the right place ?? Trying to find sisters Edith Mary Hyde and Louisa Jane Hyde as close to 1953 as possible please. They were in Friston Street in 1911 with 2 other sisters, Nora(h) and Florence.. Many thanks :) Lynne
  10. lindyloo

Engineering Students Visit To Tyseley Works 1963

Does anyone recognise anybody in this photo ? It was Engineering Students from Garretts Green Tech on a visit to Tyseley Works, 26 June 1963. I only know one person on the photo. Yipppeeee!!! I think I've done it !! 3rd attempt !! or maybe not :(
  11. lindyloo

On The Birth of your Daughter

I wrote this for a friend on the birth of his first daughter.... A baby grows from Love to Love, A perfect gift from the Angels above, She’ll steal your heart and guide your life, Bring pure light to your darkest night, She’ll open your eyes to a world renewed Depend on you, need you...
  12. lindyloo

Jack Savoretti

I would like to recommend this young mans music.....he can be found on You Tube. His songs have been featured on two American TV series ..One Tree Hill and Grey's Anatomy and he has also had an airing on Eastenders..Two of his songs have also been used as film soundtracks. I hadn't heard of...
  13. lindyloo

Can Anybody Help Improve This Please

This photo may be beyond repair but I would be most grateful if someone could improve it for me.. Many Thanks in antisipation
  14. lindyloo

Moss Thomas H Carnegie Hero Fund

Please can anyone tell me what happened on 14th December 1935, probably in Birmingham, that would warrant a certificate being presented to an individual by "The Carnegie Hero Fund Trust" It was presented in "Recognition of Heroic Endeavour to Save Human Life". Many thanks Lindyloo
Back