• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. M

Bolton Road, Small Heath

I'm no expert but i think number 29 is the one in blue on this map opposite Dixon rd school which still stands today
  2. M

Bolton Road, Small Heath

HI denise56 sorry no Barry on my family tree, though i did go to Dixon rd school 59-65 we lived in Bordesley Park road. Michael
  3. M

Bolton Road, Small Heath

Bolton road, also from the Mail.
  4. M

Bolton Road, Small Heath

This is a 1970s pic of cooksey road small heath (from todays Mail) The entrance to cooksey avenue can be seen by the third car on the left and the other entrance/exit is by the lampost on the left.
  5. M

General Wolfe Public House

This must be the one of your house
  6. M

MY FIRST/SECOND GRANDCHILD

C0ngratulations to you and your family Lyn. Michael.
  7. M

Bier Keller

PIC of Bogarts from their face book page Bier keller down stairs, rock venue/pub top floor went to both, Back then. You can just make out bogarts before the yellow sign. Michael.
  8. M

Forum Donations

Donation Made. Michael.
  9. M

They Were Caught In Our Old Street Pics...

A free on line Edition of the Evening Mail is also available six days a week, from the app store or google play store.once you install, it updates every morning. I think its only for I pads and Android devices though. Michael.
  10. M

Map Request

tilton rd showing the royal george on the left and tilton rd school at the end and the houses on mike,s maps on the right.
  11. M

Royal Warwickshire Regiment

Hi Matahari this is an enlargement of the article in post 142 originally by zuluwarrier, I think this may be what you are referring to, unfortunately it doesn't mention B Guest. Michael.
  12. M

Small heath

Hi all, Here's a 1979 A to Z map of the newly cut Bolton rd as you can see it has nothing to do with the upper part of Bordesley Park rd which ceased to exist around 1970 and a google view of the bolton rd extension with mount pleasant on the right, it seems the bottom part of bordesley park...
  13. M

Small heath

Hi redken I have to disagree Bordesley park rd was still there when I left in 1968, in the early seventies bolton rd was extended up to arthur st and herbert rd along a different line and BPR was no more. all the best Michael.
  14. M

Birmingham Cinemas

Here it is just before albert st,and new meeting street,
  15. M

Sandy lane bordesley

Great photo Lyn, Would be great if one of them kids recognised them self. Michael.
  16. M

Hi shoes 100, William,Marion, and Ernest are also on the electoral roll for 1927, Living at 55 brandwood road. you can access the electoral roll on Ancestry, from the home page click on card catalogue on the right,then click on, census and electoral rolls on the left,then scroll down to...
  17. M

Hi Shoes100, I'm certainly no expert, but I have done a search on ancestry.co.uk for you, but I'm afraid to no avail, I think if you was to give some more detail like who their parents were, who their wives were,and where they were living in 1911 so they can be found on the census, you may get...
  18. M

Bolton Road, Small Heath

Great Photo's lescos,of your family.and bolton road.
  19. M

The Duke of Cornwalls War diary

Thanks for your comments Vivienne, This map and aerial photo were also from the diary Caudescure church can be seen at the bottom of the photo, and here are two contemporary views, Hard to believe such Horror happened in such nice country side. Michael.
  20. M

The Duke of Cornwalls War diary

This is an account of the fighting on the 12th and 13th of april 1918, where my uncle William Emery Pte 9105 of the D.C.L.I. received a fatal wound,he died two days later on the 15th april 1918.There were many casualties. Michael...
Back