• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Forum Donations

Absolutely Phil, totally agree. The funds raised by the meet-ups are a valuable source of funding and will continue to be so. Even people who are unable to attend meet-ups in person buy tickets for meet-up raffles. It's through the combined effort of these various actions that we'll be able to help sustain the running of BHF. And yes, Lyn's (Astoness) unflagging efforts to make the meet-ups happen year after year have made an important contribution to keeping things going. So thanks go to all for being so supportive. Viv.

Can someone please help me - have just donated but cannot seem to be able to complete the transaction.
Many Thanks
Pat Hayward

Hello Pat. Thanks for trying. Did the payment method come up with a message ? Viv.

Thanks Dave and Rosie. I'm sure Postie will get in touch when he sees your messages. Thanks for your support. Viv.

Another way of raising forum funds is to have an auction where someone puts an item on a thread and the highest bidder wins. Usually the item is left on for a week and the seller pays postage to the winner. Have not done this for a while and we used to have some fun at the same time too. Have mentioned this to Jim. Great to see so many responding to this thread. Jean.

Hi jean
Sorry but to me it Sounds habit like EBay you have to watch the copy rights here
Best wishes Alan,,,,,

Hi Alan they are usually old Birmingham history memorabilia. Nothing like ebay. Anything that helps raise money for the BHF.

This is exactly what we are about to do Jean and Alan. There will be an auction starting this coming Thursday on BHF. And sorry no, I can't yet reveal what item we'll be auctioning. Keep those eyes peeled everyone!

Meanwhile, if anyone still wants to donate, these are still very, very welcome and each donation helps this site enormously. All you wonderful people have made a great effort. THANK YOU. Viv.

Last edited:
Back