• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. S

maurice howard studios

I am also looking for a Photographers "P Dawkins Balsall Heath" Havent been able to find much on google. Could anyone help? Thanks so much Sam
  2. S

Wright, Jeweller - Diamond Mounter From 1891

Hi Mike Do you have a link for this I could take a look at? Was that the only Wright mentioned? Not sure who the Perry is. But in the letter I got from my Great Aunt it said Claude Adams dealed with the business side of things so his name may not be mentioned if he only looked after the...
  3. S

Hardware Family from Birmingham, Warwickshire

Thanks for that Shera. How do you know who was the witness to marriage? Where do you look that up? Sue, I have the marriage certificate and hadnt noticed that before but I'm confussed as to how he signed this as this is another of my family branch. They may have been friends. Strange hehe...
  4. S

Hardware Family from Birmingham, Warwickshire

Hi All Does anyone have any Hardware family from Birmingham Joseph Hardware married Hannah Loach 1811 who’s Son - Thomas married Jemima Parkes 1843 who’s Son - Thomas married Jane Lockett 1869 who’s Daughter - Annie married Harry Wright 1894. Thanks Sam
  5. S

I have just found out that it was his own business which he ran with his son Frank Wright and his Son-in-law Claude Adams. Is there is list of jewelery shops in the Birmingham Jewelery Quarter? Thanks in advance. Sam
  6. S

Brandwood End Cemetery

when you look up the death for someone buried in this cemetery does it give you plot/grave number and a map so you can find where they are located? As the Sunderland one where we live does.
  7. S

Hi All My great great grandfather was a Diamond mounter and he lived Aston Manor, Warwickshire and Handsworth, STAFFORDSHIRE. Anyone know how i would find out which jewellers he worked for? Thanks in advance Sam
  8. S

Dawkins from Aston/Balsall Heath

Margaret Benson is your mother inlaw? She is my grandpa's cousin. I have had a few letters from her with some photos and such. How is she? Thanks Sam
  9. S

Anyone live in Clifton Road

So this wasnt the best area?
  10. S

Hi Phil they look like terraced houses from that photo. If you dont mind I will send that photo to my great aunt and see if she remembers this. Thanks Sam
  11. S

Thanks so much this fills in some blacks I had. :-)
  12. S

Hi Astonian I think it was is Balsall Heath. I am not sure if there was a cinema oposite its just something one of the guys on here said. Thanks Sam
  13. S

Hi Jean Thanks very much, fingers crossed.
  14. S

Hi Mike Yeah he had this newsagents until 1973 its a News 4U now. They didnt keep it in the family :-( Didnt know Harrold lived in same street as them Thank Sam
  15. S

Hi All I am looking for more info on some of my reli's Albert Lorenzo & Sarah Elizabeth Dawkins Children Hilda Lilian Dawkins 1896 – ? Married Bennett Doris Gertrude Dawkins 1897 – ? Married White Beatrice E Dawkins 1898 – 1972 (my GGrandmother) Married Wright Ida Winifred Dawkins 1900 –...
  16. S

Anyone who lived in Clifton Road from 1948 - 49? Did you know my great grandmother Dawkins who lived in number 9? Apparently this was oposite the cinema i think. Thanks Sam
  17. S

How many cemeteries are there in Balsall Heath, Birmingham?

Hi Thanks Phil, and where these 3 cemeteries open in 1949? Isnt it a shame knocking houses down to but silly units there - grrr! I'll have to ask my great auntie next time I see her if her Nan's house was oposite the Cinema. Thanks Mike The picture backs up Phil's comment being near/oposite...
  18. S

How many cemeteries are there in Balsall Heath, Birmingham?

Hi All I am looking to find grave sites in Birmingham now but have no idea where to start. The relative I am looking for died in her house in Clifton Road Balsall Heath, Birmingham. Anyone know which cemetry she may have gone to? Also does anyone know if Clifton Road still has houses on? Or...
Back