• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. L

Royal George Tavern, Park Street/Digbeth

The Ship from the Royal George went back to the brewery, who then put it in storage......how do I know, well when it closed on the door was the plaque saying who was the licensees, and my great uncle Robert Burrows was licenced from late 1930's till his death in 1954, his wife Gladys then took...
  2. L

Rod Birch

RIP Rod.....thankyou for everything you did for me when I first joined....condolences to your wife and children and grandchildren....you will be always in my thoughts xx
  3. L

Birmingham History Galleries: Do you have a suburban story? (oral history projects)

Re: Birmingham History Galleries: Do you have a suburban story? (oral history project I can't wait for it to open either, have marked it my calander and by luck it's my day off. From what I read on the museum website it's going to cover everything to do with Birmingham. I hate to say it but...
  4. L

Mike Guest

RIP Mike....you will be sadly missed not only by your wife and family but from the family on the forum...thankyou for being you, and my friend it was very nice to meet you....love to all xxx
  5. L

Mills Of Birmingham

Sorry..heres the attachment ha ha
  6. L

Mills Of Birmingham

Here's hoping that I have attached a document....it's 12 pages long, but hopefully some of you good members will plough your way through it and hopefully be able to help in some way of filling the blanks for me...the document is of all the mills in the Warwickshire area including Birmingham and...
  7. L

Mills Of Birmingham

Nice piece of work Rupert...so glad to see that you haven't lost your touch on the way you tell us about your findings..well done
  8. L

Bullocks Mill on Cliveland Street

Ha Ha Di.....you knew the mention of mills in what ever form and I would be there having a good nose.....the only other information I can add at the moment is that according to Birmingham Council listed buildings of 2007 that Bullocks Mill was deemed as a Grade B listed building, whether this...
  9. L

Peter walker.

RIP Peter.....so sorry to read the news of Peters death....he will be sorely missed by everyone....a gentleman with so much knowledge of Birmingham....my condolences go to Barbara and the family....forever in our thoughts Peter xx
  10. L

posties dropped a clanger

Sorry Lyn....have to decline the invite because i am now back at work (unfortunately) and have to work that saturday.....but I'm sure you all will have a fantastic time....have a drink on me in my abscence....love Anne xx
  11. L

Mills Of Birmingham

Glad that you enjoyed the Mill Archive centre, I find it a very useful place to visit via the web. Mike you are right about finding out about the people that ran these mills, thanks to this site and to Di Poppitt, who has spent many hours for me trawling through the censuses I am now managing...
  12. L

Astoness ( lyn )

RIP Steve......my thoughts are with you at this time Lyn, so sorry to hear the sad news, my love goes to you and your family xxx
  13. L

Canal Cruise (on the Day)

Thankyou all for giving me such a nice welcome on my first meet with you all, and a big thankyou to Colin and Jan for organising the trip, I have had a fantastic day and the weather was brilliant....thankyou xxx
  14. L

please please

Thankyou John it's alot better than what it was xx
  15. L

please please

You are all so good on here at fixing photos I wondered if you could help with this one please, I'm hopin I've attached it....thankyou
  16. L

Bagley family

Thankyou seabird for that info Thankyou Bren, no I hadn't got 1871, and now I've got Harriets mother and birth date....thankyou xx
  17. L

Bagley family

Hi Alberta and Mike, thankyou so much for that , is there any chance you can put the details up for me please, Alberta Harriet was born Isle of Wight so it's the right one, once again thankyou both xx
  18. L

Bagley family

I wonder if someone would be so kind and try and help me with this family, that seem to have disappeared of the face of the earth, perhaps they have done..... Here goes... William Bagley was born 1821 Hereford, he married Harriet Downer in 1846 in Hereford, they had 6 children from 1847-1860...
  19. L

The wonders of nature

Follow the leader and hitching a ride.....so beautiful, enjoy
  20. L

The wonders of nature

I saw the most magnificant sight this morning in Meriden Park of the female swan carrying her sygnets to a shallower part, coming from the lake onto the river, it was wonderful, the parents so proud showing the brood of to the public......needless to say I did not have my camara with me, but...
Back