• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. shady

The Moon Cottage Cat Series

If you love cats you will enjoy reading these books by Marilyn Edwards,,,,,,The Cats of Moon Cottage,,,,,More Cat Tales From Moon Cottage,,,The Cats of Hutton Roof and The Coach House Cats. Just on the 4th book at the moment and they are a lovely read. Another book by this author is White Chin...
  2. shady

Canal Boatman/Bargee

Can anyone recomend a site for searching Canal Boat People. One of my ancestors was on the 1901 census as Canal Boatman/Bargee and it showed an address of Pritchett Street. It is possilbe he died in 1910 but I cannot confirm that. I do know though that he was found dead on a barge in...
  3. shady

Castle bromwich railway station

Castle Bromwich Railway Station. Has anyone got any photographs I can just about remember that there was a Station there when I was a child it was then a bit derelict and I cannot remember when it disappeared.
  4. shady

shops in Chester road including scotfords

Does anyone remember the shop scotfords on the chester road kingshurst?? When I was a youngster remember mom writing an order each week in a red note book. Some one would collect the order then at the end of the week the grocerys would be delivered. This was before or about the time the...
Back