• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. S

Lester Arthur Wilkes 1876

Re: Arthur Wilkes Lester 1876 Thank you Shera. Does the Kellys directory give any details of family or occupation's? Do you know what cemetery is near to their home? I have just been on Genes and gained this info. Arthurs son Harold Robert Lester married a Irene Webber, only married I have...
  2. S

Lester Arthur Wilkes 1876

Hi all, my mother's family is lester. Her family came from west bromwich. My grandfather was alfred hateley lester. He had a brother arthur wilkes lester who married a nellie bloomer in 1907, winson green area. I understand they lived in the birmingham area, my aunt think's saltly area but we...
  3. S

Birmingham Railway and Carriage Works (BRCW); employee lists

[SIZE="3"]Hello Sue Thank you for your lovely reply. I do understand how you must feel. My father was in mid 40s when I come along and he was a hard working black n white/ straight down the line kind of chap. I think I was viewed as a rebelious teenager and we never really shared a close...
  4. S

Birmingham Railway and Carriage Works (BRCW); employee lists

My father worked at the "Carriage". He was there during the war welding tanks, then after the war railway work started again. His name was George Bingham. He passed on 25yrs ago now. But I really would like to know more. I never really knew where the carriage works was, apart from knowing her...
  5. S

BINGHAM Family

I have found an address where my family lived. The address was 54 Milk St. Digbeth. Does this ring any bells with anyone at all? Thank you.
  6. S

Shergold OF Aston

Thank you Lloyd For the information on Shergold nee Bingham. With reference to 1901 Census. Charles Shergold and Roshannah were living in Potter St. Birmingham and Sarah Ann Boland is recorded as head of family and a widow. It also states that Rosannah is her Daughter. I remember looking...
  7. S

Shergold OF Aston

Hi I am trying to find details of Charles Shergold and his wife Rosannah nee Bingham. They married in 1900 in West Bromwich. In 1901 they moved to Aston. He was recorded to be an Army Reservist on his marrige certificate. I guess they would have had children and made there living in the...
  8. S

BINGHAM Family of ASTON?

Hi All, I am trying to find any members of my family, living or past on. I know of John and Ellen Bingham whom lived in Stretton St. Aston in 1901.He was a Fireman and served from 1900 to 1926. In his service records it gives no detail of family. I know nothing more about children etc. A...
  9. S

Binghams of Aston c.1900

Hi Pom Re. The right Bingham line. John 1877 Lye= Fireman and John 1877 Lye = Scholar/ time keepers son. John the Fireman's grandfather was Samuel Bingham b 1818 Lye, Samuel was Great uncle to John the scholar. John & Lucy, "scolars father" moved from Pelasall to Rotherfield Sussex...
  10. S

Binghams of Aston c.1900

I will get right on that , thank you Christine. What can I say about this site, it great. Thank you all o very much. I will let you all know ASAP. Steveo
  11. S

Binghams of Aston c.1900

Thank you Lloyd. I have seen the census return. Any ideas as to what documents are available where Helen Bingham's maiden name maybe found?
  12. S

Binghams of Aston c.1900

Hi All. I have had great success with my previous enquiries and I hope someone may be able to offer some advise now. My reletive lived at 4 stretton St. Aston Manor, 1901 census. He was John Bingham b Lye worcs 1877. his wife was a Helen ?????? born Lusterly. Worcs. I have had no luck in...
  13. S

Binghams of Aston c.1900

Re: cromwell street (b7) Hi Wendy, just accessed the site via my station PC. thats very kind comments and i will pass on your comments to my colleagues. very kind of you thank you. I find this site amazing to say the least. everyone on here is so helpful. Credit to us midlanders i say. take care.
  14. S

Binghams of Aston c.1900

Re: cromwell street (b7) My goodness Pipone! I have just posted another enquiry then noticed your reply. I can't thank you enough. Is the photograph John Bingham? I'm on nights tonight and you have made my weekend, Im ready to deal with all the "characters" of night now. Great Thank...
  15. S

Aston Fire Station 1900?

Hi All I had a family member who according to 1901 census was a "fireman local brigade". He lived in Stretton St. Aston Manor. Was there a Fire Station in Aston at this time, and if so where or if not where would you guess he would have been stationed? Does anyone know of where any personel...
  16. S

Bingham

Very many thanks, Pom. for the information you have sent me. Very kind of you and a great help also. Steveo
  17. S

Bingham

Many thanks for that. hope your searches are going well for you. Regards Steveo
  18. S

Bingham

Hi Bren Many thanks for the quick response. I was just closing everthing daown after hours of finding nothing! Well bear with me I hope this does not get too boring for you. My Binghams originate from Old Swinford. Some stayed there, my branch moved to west Bromwich in the mid 1850's. My 5th...
  19. S

Bingham

Looking for any information on the Bingham family. Moved to St Martins, Aston/Deritend areas of Birmingham about mid 1850's. I would love to hear from any Bingham's who are out there.
  20. S

Binghams of Aston c.1900

Hello one and all. I'm steve and I came across this site whilst trying to find answers to my ever lasting quest to find my roots. I was born in Wednesbury, I have family in the West Brom area and may still have family in the Old Swinford/ Lye area of Worcester. Bingham's moved to West Bromwich...
Back