• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. S

Harrison marriage confirmation

have just done my family tree too and sarah harrison along with an isaac john,charles and so on are all my relatives aswell,think isaac was her dad.....small world isnt it
  2. S

pub book

bet no one can remember charlie and floss harrison running the crown by peel street and charlie stych in the queens arms heath street.
  3. S

Smethwick

yes it is willis street,my mom came from unett street and dad from by gkn so all were local,
  4. S

Hockley Port

we were never sober ha ha
  5. S

Smethwick

correct,the newsagents was dhillons,and then the little green chemist with the step up into it,the chipshop was great 15p bag with batter bits,the little indian man kept the best chips,major nicholls had to get out as the shop was falling down so he moved to raglan road,who remembers the barrels...
  6. S

Definition of “Brummie”, “Astonian” etc

guess that makes you a brummie then hee hee
  7. S

Hockley Port

hockley port city farm......what a great place to work it was brill
  8. S

Rose and crown..hospital/brearley st

check the exact dates with my dad a c harrison he lived at the pub and as he went to summer lane school 55-59 it would of been those yrs,
  9. S

my dad went to summer lane school 55-59 so they may have moved in just after,they also had the oak in aberdeen st,the heath st tavern,aswell as stirchley social club,will try and get the exact yr
  10. S

City window cleaners

tommy burns then his sons mick and tommy jnr ran commando cleaning,eventually gino cardellie bought it and after reaching dizzy heights sold it off,they lost all the car fax contracts and are now called thyssen group,remember the wagons pulling up by the maypole and a big irish fella saying yes...
  11. S

Shenstone Road "open Air" School

do you remember the piano in the hall
  12. S

Summer Lane School

if you google summer lane memories you will find loads of old pics
  13. S

Shenstone Road "open Air" School

both my nan and mom were cleaners at the school at the top of shenstone rd
  14. S

does anyone recall floss and charlie harrison who kept the rose and crown my dad tony was their son and he went to summer lane school,they had a dog that when charlie called time used to clear the pub for em
  15. S

Summer Lane School

my dad said he went to summer lane school around 1955-1959 he is tony harrison,his parents used to keep pubs,does anyone remember him?
  16. S

The geach arms, summer lane

i am told an old friend lived in summer lane i was told no.345 the family was tubb
  17. S

Midland Red Early Days

Unfortunately in 2007 i had the unenvied privillage of being one of the few drivers who drove part of the last mercedes buses out of our bull ring depot before it was all transfered to kidderminster and the brum garage shut for ever,the death knell of midland red west (first group) in birmingham
  18. S

Wheeler Street lozells

Wheeler street had a family called tubb
  19. S

Smethwick

smeffik boys like me recall foster bros up cape hill,major nicholls bikes when it was down the grove,the old picture house,cape of good hope dudley arms,engine etc all around cape hill,ionic,mansells,barclays up cape hill on the left by monument rd,the 82 bus to bearwood,when windmill lane had 2...
  20. S

Definition of “Brummie”, “Astonian” etc

is it summer lane,or the town they say...
Back